Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New P10 user - getting assimilated
RE: New P10 user - getting assimilated
A lanyard? I hadn't thought of such a thing.

Hanging off a Command/3M hook tacked to the wall, or the edge of the headboard, that's a really great "hack" (as my kids would call it).

I bet I could crochet something similar!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2018, 11:20 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: A lanyard?  I hadn't thought of such a thing.

Hanging off a Command/3M hook tacked to the wall, or the edge of the headboard, that's a really great "hack" (as my kids would call it).

I bet I could crochet something similar!

Hey that’s an idea! Easy to remove too. Thanks.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
We use 1 each of these, search for this on Amazon: " Panacea Products 85321D 12-Inch Black Swivel Contemporary Hanging Plant Bracket "

They are mounted on our headboard, and the cpap hoses are zip-tied down the top center of them. They swivel by themselves anyway needed to match how our bodies move while we sleep without pulling on or dislodging the hoses that go to the mask.

I finally went to these the other day when I found them, after trying all sorts of other ways that didn't work very well with the Airfit P10 mask (which fits fairly loosely against the face, so IMO dislodges easily)

P.S. Please note that when you mount the bracket, you MUST flip it over. If you don't, it has a little tab on it that can engage with the swinging part you mount the hose to, which can lock it into place in a certain position. You want it to be able to easily swivel. After all, they ARE just plant hangers, LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I had an unused selfie-stick that telescopes, decided to "hack" it with a metal binder paper clip clamped to the headboard to provide the necessary stability and vertical height. Easy to remove when necessary.

Finally settled on the medium size pillows which works quite well. Just that I get very dry nostrils internally - sore & scabs actually. Need to further adjust the humidity. Hopefully can do without humidification and heated hose soon.

That's the problem with sales. You get tempted to 'try' it and after being sold, now I've got a whole load of expensive wisp spares  Unsure shoot.... and maybe more P10 spares to purchase. What did I get myself into.  Oh-jeez.

Edit: Somehow couldn't get the photos to be oriented correctly.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Add a fleece cover, and experience nirvana. Quieter, soft, comfortable, warm. Snug it up to within an inch or two of the mask, and if the hose ever brushes your cheek, you will snuggle it instead of being repelled by it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 04:11 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: ...
Edit: Somehow couldn't get the photos to be oriented correctly.

Not a problem. Software can rotate the pics in your phone, but it's best to always hold your phone sideways. (Software on all the forums I visit won't let pics be displayed in "portrait" mode.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice hose hanger hacks y'all.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 04:11 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Since I had an unused selfie-stick that telescopes, decided to "hack" it with a metal binder paper clip clamped to the headboard to provide the necessary stability and vertical height. Easy to remove when necessary.

Finally settled on the medium size pillows which works quite well. Just that I get very dry nostrils internally - sore & scabs actually. Need to further adjust the humidity. Hopefully can do without humidification and heated hose soon.

That's the problem with sales. You get tempted to 'try' it and after being sold, now I've got a whole load of expensive wisp spares  Unsure shoot.... and maybe more P10 spares to purchase. What did I get myself into.  Oh-jeez.

I hope it works out well for you.

I know you are just starting on the P10, but if it doesn't work out and you are able to, give the F&P Brevida mask a go and see if it helps. I started on a P10, but it irritated my nose, made it feel really sore, and I had all the problems of moving around dislodging it and causing leaks because of the way it sits on the nose. Made me very conscious of trying to not move to much so that I didn't break the seal. The Brevida eliminated all of that for me. I have no hanger system - just lie the hose on the bed, and can sleep during the night on one side, on my back, and even if I want on my other side, and the mask just stays on and the hose travels where I need to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 06:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Add a fleece cover, and experience nirvana. Quieter, soft, comfortable, warm.  Snug it up to within an inch or two of the mask, and if the hose ever brushes your cheek, you will snuggle it instead of being repelled by it.

Big Grin  half woke a few times as I was lying on the hose.
lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,129 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,209 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.