Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New P10 user - getting assimilated
New P10 user - getting assimilated
Resistance is futile.... and curiosity got the better of me. So I just received my P10 and am in the process of getting assimilated  Smile .  

I didn't change anything except the mask setting on the Dreamstation to x5 instead of the usual x1 (when using the PR Wisp) as I felt the airflow through the nose to be most similar to when using the Wisp. I am using small sized pillows and some models of PR pillows stated x4 for small pillows and x1 for large.

The readings went north and I didn't get treated. Any suggestions on what I should try next would be really helpful. 

Here is my baseline using the wisp on 14 Feb and the P10 last night:

ps: Vent flow rate for P10 at 9cmH2O is around 30L/min and 13cmH2O is about 38L/min.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New P10 user - getting assimilated
When I used a Dreamstation I used 0 or off on the mask setting using the P10. The mask setting is only used for Philips masks. Not saying it would make a difference but I'd try turning the mask setting to zero and I'd try a med sized pillow.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
That doesn't look so good. Maybe limit pressure at 10 max for a couple days until this gets sorted out. The higher pressure are not working in your favor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the heads up. Will do the changes and see how it goes from there.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
On my DreamStation, I use either x1 or off for P10s.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Walla nailed it...you're using too small of a pillow size and it is restricting flow. Always go to the largest size that works, not the smallest.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use x1 on dreamstation for my large size p10 pillows.

Welcome to the club (cult?). Resistance is indeed, futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to the medium sized pillow - initially it didn't seem to be as snug a fit as the small but hey it stayed in place and worked last night! The AHI went down to 1.4. Tried mask setting at 'off' but didn't feel right so went to x1 and was comfy.

Dropped the max to 10.5 cmH2O and didn't get any centrals. Most of the events were in the later half of sleep session.

Nose felt real dry though. May dig the humidifier out again...just when I thought I could cold store it.

lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a few flow limits and hypopnea that might benefit from a higher maximum pressure of 11.0. I suspect your leak line is not near zero due to the use of X1 resistance setting, but overall the leaks are within tolerance and consistent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, will fine tune and monitor for a few days and see how it goes!

It's good to be able to switch between nasal and pillow when sores at contact areas do pop up and gives it time to recover.
lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,112 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,162 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.