Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Pilairo
RE: New Pilairo
I've used Opus Nasal Pillows and now I'm using ComfortLite 2. I know you wouldn't be able to turn either of these upside down, because if you did your nose would have to be upside down, too!

On the ComfortLite 2 the prongs are parallel. On the Opus the prongs are closer together on the ends that touch the nostrils, further apart on the ends that touch the mask. Like this: / \

Perhaps there's a rough edge on the pillow where it was rubbing on your nose. Have you replaced the pillows?

The other thing I'd recommend is that you try one size larger or smaller, but I see that the Pilairo is "one size fits all". When I see that on an article of clothing it usually translates to "won't fit you". Dielaughing
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And I don't get that because my nose is pretty much | |, not \ / or / \ I think we are all different!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2012, 09:32 PM)mjbearit Wrote: And I don't get that because my nose is pretty much | |, not \ / or / \ I think we are all different!

Mine is also | |. I wonder whose nose they were looking at when they designed these things. I've long thought that nasal pillows need to come not only in various sizes, but also different shapes.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is why I like the Breeze. The pillows are adjustable. They can be spun around. I went to check and one of mine is | and the other is \.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
ComfortLite 2 is also adjustable. There's a metal strap that you bend. You can change the angle beween the nostrils and also the angle beween the pillows and the face.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only used my Pilairo three times it is very comfortable but when I take it off I have an awful sinus reaction. My nose is running and my head is all blocked up for 8 hours, it is like having a bad cold. I don't know the cause and I am not sure what the right pressure is for me, at the moment I am on 7.
Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is that the only mask you have used? Meaning are you new to this fun game?

Sometimes, like during allergy season, I can breathe fine, not clogged at all, with my mask on. Then I take it off and I'm instantly blocked. This lasts from just a few minutes to several hours.

If you are new to CPAP, it's just your body getting used to everything. You may want to consider using a nasal rinse before you go to bed and when you get up.

If it is just with this mask, then yeah, you have a problem. Not sure what it is, though!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, if you are looking for the data on the screen, the machine resets itself (in terms of display) after 12 noon. But I'm not sure what data is displayed. I think just hours used. I have the same brick but have never looked since I found out how brick like it was.

Edit to add: Huh, never done that before. How did I put the reply for another post into this thread?? Aliens are at it again.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jeanette and welcome to the forum
Do you use humidifier, your profile say "Humidifier: unsure".
What F&P Icon do you use.
http://www.fphcare.com/osa/cpap-solution...amily.html

F&P Icon series setup
http://vimeo.com/20560260

You can ask for the manual (scroll down to section three - other manuals)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2012, 05:36 PM)jeanette Wrote: Any suggestions?

I would recommend you see a good ENT.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pilairo Q - has any tried it? pollyottis 4 1,364 07-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? player 7 3,592 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 2,170 09-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Pilairo Q mask PaytonA 10 3,555 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Pilairo Q Mask PaytonA 3 1,983 08-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Anyone ever use a Fisher Paykel Pilairo mask? Ailu 32 8,770 07-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Last Post: aussiefilo
  Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? player 44 11,173 07-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Last Post: VTSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.