Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Pilairo
RE: New Pilairo
Nasal congestion or runny nose caused by PAP therapy is not uncommon among many CPAP users and its normal reaction by the nose.
I,m nearly two years and cannot get over the congestion, Its the inconvenience of the therapy that we've to find ways to cope but the benefits very much outweigh this inconvenience
Post Reply Post Reply
I am currently doing a trial and have posted a review in the reviews section. I love the mask but have a problem with the one size fits all headgear. After the trial I am planning to purchase one and manually adjust the tension on the headgear. When this is done I think that this will be the best mask that I have tried yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am happy to report that the tiny lesion inside my left nostril seems to be a thing of the past (knocking on wood). I'll never figure out what caused it, but I've been using the Pilairo every night for the past ten days with no problems at all.

I do want to add something about the noise. If you read the reviews the noise seems to be a big problem for a lot of people. But I normally get less noise than any other mask I have tried. However, once in a while, usually right after putting it on, I get a very annoying whistling noise. I don't know if this is the noise that has bothered other reviewers, but I have found that if I take the mask off and put it back on again I can eliminate the whistle. Sometimes it takes a lot of fiddling, and sometimes it stops even though it feels as though I did nothing at all.

This is a very strange mask, but I love it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ComfortLite 2 whistles. It comes from the fitting where the pillows joins the mask. I take the fitting apart, swab the mating surfaces with lanolin, and that stops it from ever occurring.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the ResMed Swift FX for my first 16 days on cpap and like it, bought the Pilairo, been wearing it 3 nights now and its by far better feel then the FX. I'm a side sleeper and it works great for that and the one small strap has been no problem at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a goatee. Do you think that the moustache hair on my upper lip would interfere with the seal when using the Pilairo?
Post Reply Post Reply
Goatee or mustache , no problem. I have one too. The pilairo uses the nose for support and for correct positioning of the nasal pillows. Lone nose hair may be a problem though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both also and its no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! Thanks for the info. I was going to buy another Swift FX, but I may give this one a try. Like someone said before; " I love my Swift FX, but could there be better?" From the sounds of things, this may well be worth a try. Supplier number one has it on for $88.00.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2012, 08:52 PM)JJJ Wrote: I am happy to report that the tiny lesion inside my left nostril seems to be a thing of the past (knocking on wood).

Hi,
I am glad things are working out for you. I had irritation inside my left nostril & my nose was sore on the skin surface of the septum. I stopped using the Pilairo for a few nights. Then, I wore the Pilairo for 3-4 nights even though it burned / hurt. I thought I was sensitive & needed to "get over it."

I developed 2 red spots on each side of my septum which then turned bloody. Two scabs resulted. When I put on Polysporin, my nose was still sore on the septum surface from the pressure of the mask strap even though I stopped using the Pilairo & switched to the Quatro Fx full face mask. I have tried to use the Pilairo again, but I get the feeling that my skin is burning on the septum surface. I do not want to have scabs again.

I was having congestion which came on at night & was using saline spray in addition to my allergy pill. I wondered if the saline had irritated my nose. The Pilairo still bothers me when I do not use saline. I will mess with the strap next in an effort to be more successful. I plan on stretching it out all the way & sewing it in place so there is not the pulling sensation under my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pilairo Q - has any tried it? pollyottis 4 1,364 07-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? player 7 3,595 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 2,172 09-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Pilairo Q mask PaytonA 10 3,557 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Pilairo Q Mask PaytonA 3 1,983 08-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Anyone ever use a Fisher Paykel Pilairo mask? Ailu 32 8,772 07-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Last Post: aussiefilo
  Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? player 44 11,181 07-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Last Post: VTSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.