Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Pilliaro Mask "Not For Resale" huh???
New Pilliaro Mask "Not For Resale" huh???
I ordered a Fisher Pilliaro mask online and the ad states Factory sealed and brand new. When it arrived it came in a zip locked bag that had no seal. There is something in the bag that says ""not For Resale" and it only had the bigger strap. There was no single elastic strap included.

Where are these coming from? Anyone seem this before? The mask was a low price of $80 Canadian, by clinic quoted me $230 today.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Pilliaro Mask "Not For Resale" huh???
(02-18-2015, 11:14 AM)player Wrote: I ordered a Fisher Pilliaro mask online and the ad states Factory sealed and brand new. When it arrived it came in a zip locked bag that had no seal. There is something in the bag that says ""not For Resale" and it only had the bigger strap. There was no single elastic strap included.

Where are these coming from? Anyone seem this before? The mask was a low price of $80 Canadian, by clinic quoted me $230 today.

Thanks.

Where did you order it from? I don't know if it was factory sealed or not but if it said not for resale I would be concerned. Take a picture of it as it was received by you and then contact the company you ordered it from and ask them what is going on. That is all I can think of to suggest.

How did you pay for this...by debit or credit card? If you have trouble getting a brand new mask (which may or may not include the headgear depending on how you ordered it) or your money back, then you can try going to the debit or credit card company for help.

I don't know enough about your situation and how you ordered, where you ordered from, what you ordered, etc. so I don't really know how to help you other than to suggest if you are going to order masks online, you would be better served ordering from one of the suppliers on the supplier list at the top of this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
The guy sent it to me without requiring payment, so I haven't paid for it yet...
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2015, 11:51 AM)player Wrote: The guy sent it to me without requiring payment, so I haven't paid for it yet...

then send it back with proof that you did send it back and buy one somewhere else.
Post Reply Post Reply
The mfg's send these masks out to sleep clinic for their use as a way of advertising. Their hope of course is the clinic will recommend it to their clients. There was a guy selling these on Amazon for awhile, but that's not where you got yours if you haven't been expected to pay for it yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
So these ones have been used, sent back, cleaned, then sent out again?

The zip bag is probably the original one. The bottom of the bag is formed...
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2015, 01:12 PM)player Wrote: So these ones have been used, sent back, cleaned, then sent out again?

The zip bag is probably the original one. The bottom of the bag is formed...

I doubt they've been used, just ripped off from a sleep clinic somewhere, leftovers from one that closed, or disposed off by a clinic that has elected not to share them with the clients.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thought that someone might have gobbed all over it brings out the germaphobe in me...
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup...sounds like a sleep lab / demo unit. My old DME did that to me (raised an eyebrow....yet another reason I'm not with them anymore).

May be fine, may not be... just sounds a bit shady to me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It probably isn't used. However, it most likely was not intended 'for resale' as the sticker suggests. Oh-jeez

Normally, manufacturers send sleep labs, clinics and DME's samples for them to "sample." The reason they put that type of sticker is to prevent them from selling the sample mask as it is not intended for that purpose. That could also explain why they charged you such a low price.

Bottom line- if you do not feel comfortable with a mask that isn't sealed (by the manufacturer) you should definitely send it back. As advised earlier, make sure you take a picture of how it was received and send it certified mail.

Keep us posted...Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Which is better and is there a resale market? MoveUp 32 2,350 02-21-2022, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.