Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First time with Airsense10 Autoset
First time with Airsense10 Autoset
Hello Everyone

Let me introduce myself first. I am from Thailand. 47 years old. I did a sleep study with AHI = 15. I always got a morning headache and just bought Airsense10 Autoset from CPAP Suppliers List #10 last 2 weeks and my AHI statistic shown that if I use Resmed Airfit F10 Full face mask , I got AHI close to 1 but If I use Resmed Airfit P10 the Pillow one the AHI was higher.

I really like to wear P10 and prefer to use it than F10.

Is there any way to make the AHI lower than 1 or close to 1 with Resmed Airfit P10 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First time with Airsense10 Autoset
This is the setting in my machine :

P10 :
Mode APAP
EPR :1
Min pressure : 7
Max pressure : 13

F10 :
Mode APAP
EPR :1
Min pressure : 7
Max pressure : 13
Post Reply Post Reply
First, you've only had this thing for 2 weeks. That is not enough time for much of anything. You have an AHI of 1? Congrats!

The goal is to get the AHI to be less than 5. It is unrealistic to think any of us can get it below 1 consistently.

Unless you are feeling tired during the day or wake up feeling unrested, wear the mask that you feel comfortable wearing and has the least leaks. Watch for leaks and do what you can to stop them if they are happening. If the mask causes a higher AHI than another mask, just give it time.

Once you are settled into using the machine, are comfortable with the mask and all of this fun life of being a hosehead, THEN you can maybe perhaps start tweaking with the pressure to see if you can get the AHI lower. But you are just starting and your AHI is something many of us will never reach.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 11:39 PM)YaiMak Wrote: Hello Everyone

Let me introduce myself first. I am from Thailand. 47 years old. I did a sleep study with AHI = 15. I always got a morning headache and just bought Airsense10 Autoset from CPAP Suppliers List #10 last 2 weeks and my AHI statistic shown that if I use Resmed Airfit F10 Full face mask , I got AHI close to 1 but If I use Resmed Airfit P10 the Pillow one the AHI was higher.

I really like to wear P10 and prefer to use it than F10.

Is there any way to make the AHI lower than 1 or close to 1 with Resmed Airfit P10 ?

YaiMak,
If you are more comfortable with the P10, then make it work! Pillow size is important. Try one size larger to get a better seal. Use lanolin cream or a nasal gel to combat nasal soreness. Mask should not be too tight either.

Also, don't fret too much about AHI being under 1. I average anywhere between
.3 to 1.7 AHI. Each night is different, and being that you are just starting, you seem to be doing well. Download sleepyhead software so you can strart to understand your therapy better. Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi YaiMak,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wouldn't worry about your AHI, it sounds like you have it under control wich is great considering the fact that you have been using your machine for such a short time. It sounds like you are off to a good start, keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that my AH I became less and less every night using the Airfit pillows. Now and then it is a little higher, but 90 percent of the time, my AH I is below 1. Wait a month. Then increase your pressure slightly and see what it does over the next 2 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all everyone. My last night AHI was the lowest one.

My last night statistic :

Average hours per night : 4.40
AHI :1.07 (Obstructive index:0.21 ,Hypopnea Index : 0.0 , Clear Airway Index : 0.86,RERA : 0.0)
Average Leak : 0.57 , 90% Leak rate : 1.20
Average pressures : 7.95
Min pressures : 5.0
Max pressures : 9.96
90% pressures : 9.08

My 13 days statistic are

Average hours per night : 6.34
AHI :2.99 (Obstructive index:0.3 ,Hypopnea Index : 0.23 , Clear Airway Index : 2.45,RERA : 0.04)
Average Leak : 2.17 , 90% Leak rate : 7.20
Average pressures : 8.4
Min pressures : 4.0
Max pressures : 14.0
90% pressures : 10.70

I also noticed that EPR parameter made my CA index went down when I changed it from 3 to 1.
I will continue observe my AHI of P10 mask and try to not adjust anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 226 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,168 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.