Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New RERA data after switching masks??
New RERA data after switching masks??
Hello all!

I was doing okay with my apap treatment and was able to get my AHI under .5 a couple of nights in the last two weeks. However, since then it's been slowly increasing back up to 1.5-2.5. I decide to try out the Respironics full face mask to see if it will combat the rising AHI (previously used the nose mask before this) and what I found was that I have new RERA data points I have NOT seen before with the nose mask. It doesn't surprise me much because my sleep study AHI was 3 and RDI was 13. Knowing this is UARS I mentioned it to my doctor and she said its only semantics differentiating the two (Mild OSA & UARS). Anyways, is there any advice you may have? I tuned my pressure setting which seemed to help some but I don't feel much different than when I started treatment. I don't know what to do other than try to adjust pressure (which is still new to me trying to figure it out). Thank you guys!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New RERA data after switching masks??
Hi Austin,

Did you change the setting on the AirSense10 AutoSet 10 to full face mask.

In the second file it looks as soon as the pressure decreased it would go up again.

Did you change the setting when you switched to full face mask.

May not help but at least you will be getting the right pressure for your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New RERA data after switching masks??
I did make sure to change the setting to the appropriate mask setting when I switched. It was weird too because with the full face mask the pressure would increase to 10ml when I put it on to sleep even tho min. Pressure was set to 7.6ml. Thank you for the reply!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 178 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Keep switching to mouth breathing (during REM?) alienfrontier 13 764 01-21-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.