Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Remstar 550P Not Operating correctly????
New Remstar 550P Not Operating correctly????
I've used a fixed pressure CPAP for 12 years. Recently after a sleep study the doctor recommended an auto adjusting cpap. And have had some rather unhappy situations.

1) First night everything was fine. 2nd night woke to almost no pressure at all. After powering off and back on, got pressure for a second or two and then pressure dropped to near zero, but still blowing. Second night couldn't get much pressure from start. Went back to my old fixed pressure machine to sleep for the evening.

Returned that machine the next day. After company testedit they said that the machine was defective.

2) On 2nd machine last night. Machine reported the starting pressure all night long, saw or felt no increase in pressure. Woke to the same 8 cm that I started with. Is that normal? Shouldn't I be seeing a higher pressure? The doctor says I need 12cm or higher to stop the events. I woke up this morning totally wasted as if I hadn't slept.

This is the 2nd machine. I'm losing confidence in this new approach.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Remstar 550P Not Operating correctly????
Hi alanboyer and welcome
You can check whats the 90P pressure on the machine display LCD screen and it should be somewhere between whatever it set. Here is the setup instructions and the link to get the machine manual
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

You can also download the software to check what the pressure been at through the night
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark
Post Reply Post Reply
You may just want to set the pressure back to your CPAP pressure.
If you are feeling bad, something is wrong. Another solution- can the company exchange for a comparable machine. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it showed the same pressure, my guess would be that it is set to straight CPAP and not APAP.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest that you follow Zonk's quick-link and then verify that the machine is actually set in the CPAP or APAP mode. Sounds like DME or Doc didn't set it to APAP.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alanboyer, First, WELCOME! to the forum,! it's good you came here with your questions. As others have said here on this board, check to see if you are in straight CPAP. If you are just unable to get things worked out with this machine, I would go back to the DME with the problems you are having. Sorry to hear that you're having such a rough start with A uto-CPAP, best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the RemStar 550P or do you have the RemStar Plus? The Plus is a brick and won't record any data other than the number of hours used.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,685 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Time Setting on Remstar TASleep 2 441 01-27-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: TASleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.