Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed 10 machine and SD card
New ResMed 10 machine and SD card
I have a new resmed 10 CPAP machine as well as a new SD card. How do I associate this on OSCAR so it seamlessly adds to my last 6 months of data with the old machine. It would like a continuous timeline if I can get it not 2 user profiles.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed 10 machine and SD card
in contrast to what you want to do, I tried keeping data from 2 machines separate with 2 profiles. somewhere along the line I mixed them up and it all combined.

so no problem that I know of keeping data from multiple machines (each machine with its own sd card) in one software profile. the only thing to watch out for is keeping the same sd cards in the same machine.

otherwise, I don't think you have to do anything; oscar will take the machine info from the sd card and should handle more than one machine seamlessly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless has it right.

Just don't mix up the SD cards!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Similarly, I have two ResMed 10 Autoset machines, one at home, another at a vacation house. I was thinking I would just carry the SD card from one house to another. Would that not also work with Oscar and one profile?
Post Reply Post Reply
Each SD card is tied to one CPAP via the machine's serial number. While it may work, I'd recommend using a dedicated SD card for each machine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two quick questions. Resmed site mentions 1GB. I have a 4GB card, are there any issues using a larger card? Also, I'm seeing different format types, but don't know what Resmed 10 Austset requires. Do you know?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the limit for size is up to 32 GB. The CPAP machine should take care of it's own formatting when you insert the SD card.

You'll see this when you insert the SD card:
[attachment=15594]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
SarcasticDave94 is correct. The address space used by Resmed limits the maximum to 32Gb. I have often wondered if a 64Gb partitioned to 32Gb would work. One day when I'm REAL bored, I'll give it a try.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just another note about SD cards: 

For ResMed machines the machine model and serial number are recorded in a file on the card. In addition, the summary data recording the history of machine usage is stored in a different file.

At the very least, both those files would be removed and overwritten if you move an SD card from one machine to another.

Don't do it!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,252 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Resmed 11 CPAP Machine Jose Castro 3 694 11-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,342 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.