Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirCurve ASV
New ResMed AirCurve ASV
When I had my sleep study in November for a dental appliance, it showed that the dental appliance increased my AHI by double! So, there went that idea. 

And due to some problems I was having with my old Respironics ASV, I asked if I could have a ResMed ASV instead= so I had another sleep study 2 weeks ago, where I slept much better using the ResMed ASV. 

My sleep doctor called me on Friday afternoon, and Apria Called me on Saturday, and Today I went to pick up my new ResMed ASV - I look forward to seeing if like in the Sleep Study, I continue to be able to sleep better :Smile

Technically I am supposed to turn in my Respironics ASV (because it was a rental, that was being paid for by Kaiser), but nobody has called me to tell me to turn it in, and the Apria Therapist suggested that I continue to keep it on hand as a back up until I get called to return it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed AirCurve ASV
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the getting the ResMed ASV. Keep us updated, and post questions as well.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the congrats - definitely an easier night to sleep, it was so much quieter than my old respironics ASV. 

But the only problem was trying to turn it off when I needed to get up (to go to bathroom or whatever) - it simply would not turn off from pressing the on/off button. The only way I could figure out how to turn it off was to pull the plug, but then when I plugged it back in, it would start blowing air immediately again, like I had never turned it off . . . interesting, I will contact my DME today . . .

On a really good note, the charts say I had no AHI last night = 0  - the first time ever since starting PAP therapy I got  0 AHI  Wow!
Post Reply Post Reply
To turn off should be short press of the button on top but make sure you don’t breath as that will start it again if you have auto start on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2019, 03:21 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: To turn off should be short press of the button on top but make sure you don’t breath as that will start it again if you have auto start on.

Thanks = the DME didn't call me yet, so I figure that is the main problem doing more of a short press and not breathe until it turns off. and yes, I have smartstart on.
Post Reply Post Reply
On Resmed machines, if smartstart is turned on, then the machine is also supposed to automatically shut off a few seconds after you take your mask off (No separate setting like on the Dreamstations).  However, there are some masks, like mine (the Dreamwear nasal cushion) where that does not work properly.  

If you find that that is the case with your mask, too, I would suggest taking the mask off, then pressing the button to turn the machine off.  That's what I used to do before finally shutting the smarstart feature off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to get up often during the night to go to the restroom. I just reach over and hit the off button.That instantly stops the air flow. I then disconnect the air hose.

When I return to bed, I simply re-connect the air hose and start breathing. I leave mine in the smart start mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all you all-

One thing I just learned about the ResMed is that the air still flows lightly after turning it off for around 30 to 45 minutes. The respironics didn't blow after I turned it off-
but I never had 0 AHI with the Respironics and with my new ResMed, I have 0 AHI for my first two nights!

All that to say I am very grateful to have my new ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2019, 02:03 PM)ruach Wrote: One thing I just learned about the ResMed is that the air still flows lightly after turning it off for around 30 to 45 minutes.

Yes, that's to dry out the tubing so mold doesn't grow. This is from an Air10 user's manual:
Quote:Problem: I have stopped therapy, but the device is still blowing air.
Solution: Device is cooling down. Device blows a small amount of air in order to prevent condensation in the air tubing. It will stop automatically after 30 minutes.

Congratulations on the low AHIs and the shiny new machine. You've got the BMW of sleep-apnea machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,504 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.