Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
(08-15-2014, 07:24 PM)zonk Wrote: I think the "AutoSet For Her" mode got some merits and only in this mode the machine report "RERA"

It's only available on the 4her model, but works in all modes.

Per the provider's manual, "Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 04:46 PM)zonk Wrote: What the 'software upgrade' suppose to mean?
Maybe something similar to DeVilbiss IntelliPAP but done remotely

Firmware Updates https://www.devilbisshealthcare.com/tech-corner
The IntelliPAP platform can accommodate updates to its firmware. This feature is available on all IntelliPAP units. Firmware updates are provided periodically to address an issue and add additional functionality. To update the firmware a CPAP to PC serial cable is required (item #DV51D-615)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, I'll be buying online from the US regardless which machine I end up buying as the rebates from BUPA just don't make it worthwhile buying from a local supplier IMO. I'm restricted anyway as I'm in Tasmania, we have only 1 supplier of CPAP equipment as far as I can make out, 1 company with 3 branches dotted around the state so no real choice. I'm leaning towards the new machine, pricing & my sleep docs opinion might be the thing that tips the balance back to the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2014, 08:33 PM)archangle Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 07:24 PM)zonk Wrote: I think the "AutoSet For Her" mode got some merits and only in this mode the machine report "RERA"

It's only available on the 4her model, but works in all modes.

Per the provider's manual, "Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes."
Of course you,re correct, you read my mind
Post Reply Post Reply
Cant understand how Resmed have created an Autoset for her, that must mean the old models could not have treated women properly in the past.

Resmed dr;s of spin when it comes to marketing, also cant understand the big who ha about Central sleep apnea detection on their units.

If you have Central apnea you should be using Bi Level ventilation anyway so whats the big deal about Resmeds data.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 08:31 PM)toldyouso Wrote: Cant understand how Resmed have created an Autoset for her, that must mean the old models could not have treated women properly in the past.

Resmed dr;s of spin when it comes to marketing, also cant understand the big who ha about Central sleep apnea detection on their units.

If you have Central apnea you should be using Bi Level ventilation anyway so whats the big deal about Resmeds data.

Cheers
Hi toldyouso,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yeah, a lot of this is marketing, that's for sure.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk are you saying the new S10 for her is a better buy than the straight S10?
I have an opportunity to purchase another machine at a very good price and was about to buy another S9 but now I am in a quandary.

Should I stick with what I know or go for the new bells and whistles?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 11:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: Zonk are you saying the new S10 for her is a better buy than the straight S10?
I have an opportunity to purchase another machine at a very good price and was about to buy another S9 but now I am in a quandary.

Hi Gabby,
If it were me, I would stick with what I know. Keep in mind that the AirSense 10s are brand new machines and I'll just bet there will be computer bugs in them that need to be worked out. The s9s have been out for quite a while and are pretty stable at this point.
I'm kinda funny when it comes to taking expensive risks, such as buyingthe the AirSense 10 for a while 'til it has been tested, I don't want to be the new kid on the block, so to speak.
Good luck to you on your decision .
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 11:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: Zonk are you saying the new S10 for her is a better buy than the straight S10?

I cannot tell you what to do but I,m sold on the idea of AirSense 10 AutoSet 4Her
4Her does 3 modes: AutoSet 4Her, AutoSet, and CPAP (3 machines in one and can works for boys too) Too-funny
[Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet_for_Her.jpg.CROP.thu...WgSnVC.jpg]

From the clinical manual:
AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
* Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
* Slower pressure decays.
* Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.

* Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas:
If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session.

Patients who use AutoSet for Her will still get the benefits of ResMed's AutoSet technology including improved sensitivity to flow-limitation and Central Sleep Apnoea Detection with Forced Oscillation Technique.

Respiratory effort related arousals reporting
Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes
Post Reply Post Reply

From what I can tell the A10 AutoSet for her does everything the A10 AutoSet, Elite, and CPAP do, while adding RERA and the AutoSet for her mode.

i.e. it's 4 machines in one.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 476 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,934 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,021 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.