Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
I have both the A10 and S9 at the moment while I'm in the process of returning the S9 back to my old supplier. Some obvious differences, but not a ton that matter. I will point out a few here:

-A10 is significantly quieter. Virtually can't hear it in comparison to the S9 (which was pretty quiet).
-S9 has on board data management of the most relevant sleep data, the (AHI). The A10 tracks events (which I'm not clear if these sleep events translate to AHI as of yet), mask on/offs, mask seal, and air points (based on some mystery percentage of 100pts). Very important to note that the A10 data is from a website not local (at least on mine). I've requested to have my data local to the device which by default is shared in the cloud. I'm not and advocate of everything-internet so I prefer just seeing the data on the device. I don't have it yet, but have requested that it gets turned on. The integrated 4G allows your supplier to regulate the settings.
-From a user perspective the A10 has the controls and face on its side versus on top with the S9. This allows you to adjust settings pretty easily while resting.
-SD card accessible on A10 (but I believe they are options on some S9)

Other than that, I hadn't noticed much difference than a slightly smaller design, and an inverted humidifier (side insert-vs-top insert). Oh, noticed that the mask hose connector (device-side) rotates 360deg. I suppose that would add some life to the hose in comparison to the fixed position stress that would be applied (I don't believe my S9 has a rotating hose)

Overall: S9 has better localized data management. The A10's integrated 4G and cloud services seem kind of Big Brotherish, A10 is much quieter & slightly lighter, but S9 does essentially the same job. In my opinion there was no real reason to justify my upgrade to the A10 other the sales guys implication that Resmed had reinvented the world with the A10 (not quite!
Post Reply Post Reply
"Airsense 10" doesn't really tell us which machine you are talking about. There are, IIRR, four "Airsense 10" machines all of which are different.

The Airsense 10 Autoset, which is what I have, has a built in SD card which may be removed and read from your local computer. There are two software packages that will read the card, "ResScan" and "Sleepyhead".
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
A necro-thread revived Smile

I'm 3 weeks into an A10 Auto and own a S9 Auto I bought from Supplier #2 when I changed jobs and my old DME wouldn't take my new health insurance as my emergency spare.

Functionally, I see no difference at all. You get the same data from the SD card. You get the same on-screen sleep report (with thanks to some coaching here when I couldn't figure out how to configure it). For business travel, the A10 without the case and the humidifier tank installed in the unit occupies less space in my roll-aboard. It's more idiot-proof to fill the humidifier tank at no risk of dumping water in the machine or overfilling the reservoir. I'm having a humidifier failure issue with the A10 that seems to resolve by cycling power every night before putting my mask on as my only issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2015, 12:44 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: "Airsense 10" doesn't really tell us which machine you are talking about. There are, IIRR, four "Airsense 10" machines all of which are different.

The Airsense 10 Autoset, which is what I have, has a built in SD card which may be removed and read from your local computer. There are two software packages that will read the card, "ResScan" and "Sleepyhead".

I see. I assume you were referring to the prior post (my post). It's the Airsense 10 Autoset. I'm not sure which variant of the S9, but I assume it is the Autoset too since my distributor sent me the A10 as an upgrade to the S9 based on the same prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2015, 03:18 AM)Johnsodd Wrote: I have both the A10 Autoset and the S9 at the moment while I'm in the process of returning the S9 back to my old supplier. Some obvious differences, but not a ton that matter. I will point out a few here:

-A10 is significantly quieter. Virtually can't hear it in comparison to the S9 (which was pretty quiet).
-S9 has on board data management of the most relevant sleep data, the (AHI). The A10 tracks events (which I'm not clear if these sleep events translate to AHI as of yet), mask on/offs, mask seal, and air points (based on some mystery percentage of 100pts). Very important to note that the A10 data is from a website not local (at least on mine). I've requested to have my data local to the device which by default is shared in the cloud. I'm not and advocate of everything-internet so I prefer just seeing the data on the device. I don't have it yet, but have requested that it gets turned on. The integrated 4G allows your supplier to regulate the settings.
-From a user perspective the A10 has the controls and face on its side versus on top with the S9. This allows you to adjust settings pretty easily while resting.
-SD card accessible on A10 (but I believe they are options on some S9)

Other than that, I hadn't noticed much difference than a slightly smaller design, and an inverted humidifier (side insert-vs-top insert). Oh, noticed that the mask hose connector (device-side) rotates 360deg. I suppose that would add some life to the hose in comparison to the fixed position stress that would be applied (I don't believe my S9 has a rotating hose)

Overall: S9 has better localized data management. The A10's integrated 4G and cloud services seem kind of Big Brotherish, A10 is much quieter & slightly lighter, but S9 does essentially the same job. In my opinion there was no real reason to justify my upgrade to the A10 other the sales guys implication that Resmed had reinvented the world with the A10 (not quite!

I didn't notice it until I read another post here that the humidifier is no longer a detachable unit. I kinda see what the designers were trying to do with the smaller footprint, but even with the side loaded design the unit as a whole is not as small as the S9 in detached pieces. I do remember my distributor telling me that there was a portable charging unit for the S9. That could make travel w/o the humidifier relevent if that's is indeed a fact regarding the S9. Otherwise, I don't think the integrated humidifier design flaw.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 02:16 AM)Johnsodd Wrote: I didn't notice it until I read another post here that the humidifier is no longer a detachable unit. I kinda see what the designers were trying to do with the smaller footprint, but even with the side loaded design the unit as a whole is not as small as the S9 in detached pieces. I do remember my distributor telling me that there was a portable charging unit for the S9. That could make travel w/o the humidifier relevent if that's is indeed a fact regarding the S9. Otherwise, I don't think the integrated humidifier design flaw.

There is a side cover that you can replace the water tank with that makes the package a little smaller.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 02:55 AM)archangle Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 02:16 AM)Johnsodd Wrote: I didn't notice it until I read another post here that the humidifier is no longer a detachable unit. I kinda see what the designers were trying to do with the smaller footprint, but even with the side loaded design the unit as a whole is not as small as the S9 in detached pieces. I do remember my distributor telling me that there was a portable charging unit for the S9. That could make travel w/o the humidifier relevent if that's is indeed a fact regarding the S9. Otherwise, I don't think the integrated humidifier design flaw.

There is a side cover that you can replace the water tank with that makes the package a little smaller.

Would someone please show me this side cover and where to buy it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I used S9 loaner for a month, everything is ok. I then purchased a Airsense 10, boy oh boy, I could not sleep all night long. The Airsense 10 suppose to be as quiet as the s9 at the very least. From my experience, the main unit produces noise every time I breath in, it is coming from the air vent on the left hand side of the machine. I have to use ear plug the second night and finally exchanged for a s9 on the third day.

Resmed, this is fundamental.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 08:32 AM)player Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 02:55 AM)archangle Wrote: There is a side cover that you can replace the water tank with that makes the package a little smaller.

Google "side cover for airsense 10".
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 03:25 PM)archangle Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 08:32 AM)player Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 02:55 AM)archangle Wrote: There is a side cover that you can replace the water tank with that makes the package a little smaller.

Google "side cover for airsense 10".
I saw it a while back at Supplier #1 for $20 but should come with the machine as ResMed machines are bit pricey
I got mine from somewhere else, does looks neat and nice

The side cover comes in two colors, charcoal and grey
Charcoal: AutoSet, Elite, and CPAP
Grey: AutoSet for Her

[Image: Accessories_Air-10-Side_Cover_Charcoal_h...53X343.png] [Image: Accessories_Air-10-Side_Cover_Grey_heroi...53X343.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,805 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,801 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,181 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.