Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
Got it. Supplier # 1 $19.95.

Thanks. I don't think it comes with the machine as my pusher man had not heard of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it just me or does the humidifier in the A10 drink more water than the S9? I assume any humidier with the ability to cleanly transition water to vapor has accomplished the task. But, does ther amount of water tell a story here? I know we are suppose to wsh these humidifiers dailly. However, I didn't (and still don't). More importantly when I filled my water reservoir in could last 2-days on 8hrs of sleep (per/night). I avg about 4.5 hrs of sleep per night. I am literally out of water on the reservoir on night two. It just seems to be either losing vapor (and I still have dry-mouth in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2015, 01:30 AM)Johnsodd Wrote: Is it just me or does the humidifier in the A10 drink more water than the S9? I assume any humidier with the ability to cleanly transition water to vapor has accomplished the task. But, does ther amount of water tell a story here? I know we are suppose to wsh these humidifiers dailly. However, I didn't (and still don't). More importantly when I filled my water reservoir in could last 2-days on 8hrs of sleep (per/night). I avg about 4.5 hrs of sleep per night. I am literally out of water on the reservoir on night two. It just seems to be either losing vapor (and I still have dry-mouth in the morning.

Nup.

It's an illusion that happens with the S9 as well. More water is used when it's cool and less when it's hot/humid. The machine senses the relative humidity and adjusts, even if you havent changed the setting.

There are threads on this very issue.

Oh and I never wash the water chamber. Ever. I used bottled purified water so no sludge builds up.
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-02-2015, 01:30 AM)Johnsodd Wrote: Is it just me or does the humidifier in the A10 drink more water than the S9?

If using ClimateLine heated hose at same temperature and if humidity is on automatic, the A10 should use at least a little more water than the S9, because the A10 targets 85% Relative Humidity, and the S9 targets 80% RH.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use airplane mode to turn off the modem.

Use common sense about the filters. The manufacturer recommendation is to check the filter once a month, if dirty toss out...if not continue to use and check.

Why spend $50 for the side cap for the humidifier. Doesn't hurt the machine...just don't put water in the reservoir.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2015, 11:22 PM)APAPqueen Wrote: Why spend $50 for the side cap for the humidifier. Doesn't hurt the machine...just don't put water in the reservoir.

The reason for the side cap is to make the machine a little bit smaller, either for travel or for table space.

The side cap is around $15 at online suppliers.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a "ResMed" "AirSense 10 Audoset" machine set to 10 to 20 cm water.

To learn more about it, I read all 14 pages of this thread.

1. I noticed a few posts about the big-brother aspect of the CDMA modem, but, only one post mentioned that if you turn it off (by going into Airplane Mode), it constantly nags you for the rest of your life.

What "I" would like to do is turn off that constant nag:
- Airplane Mode is currently On, do you wish to turn it Off?

Does anyone know if that repetitive nag is something we have to live with forever, just to prevent big brother from snooping?

2. Is there any way to know if Kaiser is actually snooping on my data via that CDMA modem when it is on?

3. The loaner was a Philips Respironics which worked with both Sleepyhead and Encore Basic. Nobody mentioned here that Encore Basic doesn't seem to work, but people did mention that there is Resmed software, but where do you get that?

5. Like people said, you have to google for the "side cover". I called up the ResMed customer support who said there is no part number (which is odd) for that side cover (which shortens the length by a lot!).

6. Does it bother anyone else that the 24VDC power supply negates the simple use of a car battery when camping?

PS: Nobody seems to have noted in this thread that you can enter into the setup mode by simultaneously pressing the round power button and the rectangular home button for about 3 or 4 seconds.

They call it the "Clinical Menu", where you can set your pressures.

Note that I am new to CPAP so I apologize if these are dumb questions (link=www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Where-do-I-start-my-first-night-on-cpap-sleepyhead).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2016, 11:50 PM)verbatim1 Wrote: Does anyone know if that repetitive nag is something we have to live with forever, just to prevent big brother from snooping?

2. Is there any way to know if Kaiser is actually snooping on my data via that CDMA modem when it is on?

3. The loaner was a Philips Respironics which worked with both Sleepyhead and Encore Basic. Nobody mentioned here that Encore Basic doesn't seem to work, but people did mention that there is Resmed software, but where do you get that?

5. Like people said, you have to google for the "side cover". I called up the ResMed customer support who said there is no part number (which is odd) for that side cover (which shortens the length by a lot!).

6. Does it bother anyone else that the 24VDC power supply negates the simple use of a car battery when camping?

PS: Nobody seems to have noted in this thread that you can enter into the setup mode by simultaneously pressing the round power button and the rectangular home button for about 3 or 4 seconds.

They call it the "Clinical Menu", where you can set your pressures.
1- As far as I know, turn off flight mode is the only way
2- I don't think they've much interest in your data, other than hours using the machine and meeting insurance requirement
3- ResScan and SleepyHead download links http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
5- Side cover (charcoal) part number, not sure is same for US http://www.resmed.com/au/en/commercial-p...rcoal.html
6- No

For AirSense 10 setup and how to get the clinical manual http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
Post Reply Post Reply
have used a RESMED ELITE -for at least 8 yrs. --have been presented with 2 new CPAP machines --,have 12 pressure , nostril mask, --which is a better choice -the DREAMACHINE--or AIR SENSE 10
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 07:04 PM)dzbail Wrote: have used a RESMED ELITE -for at least 8 yrs. --have been presented with 2 new CPAP machines --,have 12 pressure , nostril mask, --which is a better choice -the DREAMACHINE--or AIR SENSE 10

They are both top of the line machines. If you are used to using the ResMed brand, you may want to stick with that.

I would strongly urge you to get a fully data capable auto Cpap. You can then set the machine to auto mode or Cpap mode.

I have attached a link to help you in choosing and what machines to avoid.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,580 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.