Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
ResMed just introduced a new "AirSense 10" line of CPAP machines.

I thought it be good to have a separate thread with technical details of what's different between "A10" and S9 models.

1. Cellular modem is built in.

Some people want to remove the "Big Brother" aspect of the cell modem. You won't be able to simply detach it now. Unknown if there's a way for the user to deactivate it.

edit - there is a user selectable "airplane" mode that turns off the modem.

2. The humidifier is integral. You can't remove it any more to get a smaller package. - UPDATE - There is an optional sideplate that allows you to remove the humidifier tank and make the machine about 2 inches narrower, but still 2 inches wider than the S9 without humidifier. (6/8/10/12 inches for S9/A10 with sideplate/A10 with tank/S9 with humidifier)

3. The bottom line model, the AirSense 10, seems to have AHI and leak data, but not as much data as the S9 Elite. I suspect it's a bit like the S9 Escape Auto without the auto part.

4. Airsense 10 models: AirSense 10, Elite, AutoSet, Autoset for Her.

AutoSet for her has a "female specific" algorithm.

5. The bilevel models are called "AirCurve." AirCurve 10, VAuto, and ASV.

6. SD card equipped. Unknown yet what if any changes there are to the data collected, format, and readability for the user.

7. It has an "AutoRamp" feature that tries to sense when you're asleep before starting the ramp.

8. Air filters are specified to last one month instead of 6. Correction - the quick start guide says 1 month. The user guide and clinician's manual says 6 months.

9. myAir software for patient access to data.

I suspect this is another joke program with very limited data display, probably just compliance and such, but time will tell

10. edit - Software upgrade is possible. No indication whether it's via cell modem or SD card.

Please add information here as you discover it.

- Post by zonk with some links.

(08-12-2014, 12:52 AM)zonk Wrote: [Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet_for_Her.jpg.CROP.thu...WgSnVC.jpg]
ResMed new female-specific algorithm (fAPAP)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ithm-fAPAP

[Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet.jpg.CROP.thumbnail.2...ny50Y9.jpg]
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-p...vices.html

User manuals downloads
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-p...loads.html

Now all we need is the clinical manuals Coffee

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
1. New flight mode disconnects the modem. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Female specific algorithm? Seriously?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 04:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Female specific algorithm? Seriously?
Read more: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ithm-fAPAP
and
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ty-8-18-14

Welcome back
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)archangle Wrote: Cellular modem is built in.

Some people want to remove the "Big Brother" aspect of the cell modem. You won't be able to simply detach it now. Unknown if there's a way for the user to deactivate it.

Yuck. Hope there's a way to de-activate. Big Brother can take a hike, in spite of the "convenience" of a DME or doctor remotely monitoring and changing your CPAP settings (with or without your knowledge or approval).

Quote:The humidifier is integral. You can't remove it any more to get a smaller package.

Yuck again. I don't use a humidifier and I don't want to lug around one when I travel.

Quote:Air filters are specified to last one month instead of 6.

Yuck again. More cost for the patient.

Quote:myAir software for patient access to data.

I suspect this is another joke program with very limited data display, probably just compliance and such, but time will tell

Yep, this is most likely the case. I'm wondering if the newly-discovered mention of S10 models in the XML_Config of ResScan version 4.5 (here) will allow us to use ResScan 4.5 for these new machines? As long as we can still use ResScan 4.5 with these new machines, I don't really care whether or not they have a "dumbed-down" version for "patient access".
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Clinician Manuals for the following new "S10" machines:

AirSense 10 AutoSet
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
AirSense 10 Elite
AirSense 10 CPAP

Still working on getting these:

AirCurve 10 VAUTO
AirCurve 10 S
AirCurve 10 ASV

I'm working on getting them on our CPAP Manuals page... give me a few hours and they will be available via email request for educational use only via the instructions on our CPAP Clinician Manuals Page (here).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 03:23 PM)Lazer1234 Wrote: 1. New flight mode disconnects the modem. Wink

Good. I wonder if the patient can turn it off and it stays off or if it turns itself back on when you cycle power or some such.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 06:28 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I have the Clinician Manuals for the following new "S10" machines:
Hi SS
I,m looking for 'AirSense 10 AutoSet', cannot find it, maybe later, after dinner coffee Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 04:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Female specific algorithm? Seriously?

It might be marketing hype, but the idea sounds sound. Maybe females have some differences in apnea detection and best kind of treatment.

I wonder if there might be some further "tuning" options for various people. For instance, might you be able to improve the treatment if the machine knew age, weight, height, blood pressure, gender, etc.? How about some tunable parameters for "central prone," diabetic, pain meds, back sleeper, light sleeper, drinker, tobacco smoker, weed smoker, etc.

Maybe you'd enter in your personal profile into a program on your computer and then it would give you a number to enter manually into the machine. That number would juggle some internal parameters like rise time, apnea detection sensitivity, aggressiveness of pressure adjustment, time delays for pressure adjustment, etc.

OK, off on a tangent.... Back on track.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)archangle Wrote: [*]The humidifier is integral. You can't remove it any more to get a smaller package.
by next week, we should know if the price going be smaller too
ResMed trying to win more market share in US , they loosing out to Phillips Respironcis (PR). PR machines are a lot cheaper and smarter too

US market = 50% of global market, that is a lot of dough in anyone language Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 465 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,915 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,319 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 180 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,010 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.