Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
My money is on modem only. Which stinks for those of us in rural areas (and huge chunks of the midwest) with stinky cellular service. I'm gonna look weird sitting in a coffee shop with my CPAP out while it downloads something.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, from reading the manual, the only thing I was concerned about was:

"SD card"
"Every AirSense 10 device comes with an SD card already inserted and ready to be used. Once the
data is loaded into ResScan or AirView via the SD Card Reader, you can review and analyze data, as
well as update therapy settings and transfer them to the patient’s device via the SD card."

So I'm good with this thing. Bring it on.

I have checked and checked and my local "Craigslist" doesn't have any for sale! What's wrong with that picture.

.........which brings up an interesting thing: If you buy a used one, would you end up updating some other guys sleep doc chart with the integrated modem? That could be fun.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the impression that the A10 CPAP model doesn't record high volume airflow data. i.e. it's sort of like the Escape Auto in terms of data collection.

However, I can't find any reference to that now. Can anyone else find a reference to that? And does it give nightly average AHI only like the S9 Escape Auto, or does it record event times?

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 12:51 PM)archangle Wrote: I got the impression that the A10 CPAP model doesn't record high volume airflow data. i.e. it's sort of like the Escape Auto in terms of data collection.

However, I can't find any reference to that now. Can anyone else find a reference to that? And does it give nightly average AHI only like the S9 Escape Auto, or does it record event times?
Stand to be corrected, I think a bit better than S9 Escape Auto, also gives leak and mask seal faces, but no Central sleep apnea and CSR detection as the other models. Say brick no more, can we give them the thumb up yet?
The AirSense manual is not as clear as the S9 manual and there is no comparison guide so you can click-on and see whats available on each model

Clinical manual, page #4, Therapy information
Modes available: AutoSet for Her
Tick for all 3 modes .... AutoSet .. AutoSet for Her .... CPAP
Does it mean, Autoset for Her ... three machines in one Coffee

Data cannot be transmitted if there is no signal (in the bush or placed inside a drawer) or from outside of country of purchase and not available in all countries .... more likely not in Australia

Detailed data is only available on the SD card and not transmitted remotely

SD card have a cover, also flashing light when the machine write data on the card, wait until the flashing stop before removing the card

The serial number and device number printed on the back of the machine, its going hard to identify the model name without knowing the model number

What the 'software upgrade' suppose to mean?

I cannot get too excited about this machine yet, the integrated humidifier is not good idea
Fisher & Paykel have an integrated humidifier but the tank is inside the machine, here attach on the side of the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the world gets a 2G GSM modem. It doesn't have enough bandwidth for the detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 04:46 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 12:51 PM)archangle Wrote: I got the impression that the A10 CPAP model doesn't record high volume airflow data. i.e. it's sort of like the Escape Auto in terms of data collection.

Stand to be corrected, I think a bit better than S9 Escape Auto, also gives leak and mask seal faces, but no Central sleep apnea and CSR detection as the other models. Say brick no more, can we give them the thumb up yet?

I'm not sure I understand. Did you find some indication the A10 CPAP records event times, high resolution airflow data, etc.?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2014, 03:07 AM)archangle Wrote: I'm not sure I understand. Did you find some indication the A10 CPAP records event times, high resolution airflow data, etc.?
Not detailed data, I was under the impression the AirSense 10 CPAP report leak, now I,m not so sure. The S9 Escape Auto does not report leak

Early days, the machine is not available yet, more stuff will be revealed as the machine goes on sale
Post Reply Post Reply
Still considering if I buy the S9 AutoSet or be an AirSense 10 guinea pig, I really don't want to be without data being such a newbie to this but I run Sleepyhead and only have a Mac so am I right in thinking that ResScan only works on PC? Any ideas how long it takes for Sleepyhead to develop compatibility with new machines?

I think the data issue and the price of the AirSense will be the deciding factors into decision. Oh, and the opinion of my sleep doc at my review next week might have a little impact too!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the S9 after 13.5 years with the old model. Maybe there will be an AirSense 13 or so when it's time to get a new machine.

I don't use a humidifier so the integration stood out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2014, 05:28 AM)Crist Wrote: Still considering if I buy the S9 AutoSet or be an AirSense 10 guinea pig, I really don't want to be without data being such a newbie to this but I run Sleepyhead and only have a Mac so am I right in thinking that ResScan only works on PC? Any ideas how long it takes for Sleepyhead to develop compatibility with new machines?
If I,m looking for a new machine, I,ll go with "AutoSet 10 For Her" version
It does 3 modes: AutoSet For Her, AutoSet, and CPAP
I think the "AutoSet For Her" mode got some merits and only in this mode the machine report "RERA"

Bupa gives me $500 back but the catch, have to buy the machine in Australia. I'll have to wait for the pricing, US vs AU

ResScan does not like Mac computers
We have to wait until someone send the data to Mark, should not be wait too long

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,809 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.