Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
(08-19-2014, 11:59 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Gabby,
If it were me, I would stick with what I know.
Sage advice, the S9 have not been around for long
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 08:31 PM)toldyouso Wrote: Resmed dr;s of spin when it comes to marketing, also cant understand the big who ha about Central sleep apnea detection on their units.
Also, Phillips Respironics System One Auto and Pro detect central sleep apnea too
Read more: http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pk_en/...apneas.wpd
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Trish, Zonk and Archangle all your advice was very much appreciated.
I have thought about it and Trish you are right, it is early days with the S10, so I am going to stick with what I know.
I have ordered another S9.
At this stage of the game, better the devil you know. Well at least for me I think it is.
Thanks
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not say S10 is new machine as such, S10 is based on the S9 with few modifications on the 4Her version

As for the devil you know, I rather keep him at bay Too-funny

Edit: As far as I know, the S9 had only one problem with the ClimateLine, I had mine replaced once
There were upgraded firmware versions at later models but not with the algorthim, just minor changes, different logo when you turn on the machine and enabling SmartStart with full face masks

The S10 has a "software upgrade" feature
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember, there is no "S10." If we're going to shorten it, we should probably say "A10."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 07:10 PM)archangle Wrote: Remember, there is no "S10." If we're going to shorten it, we should probably say "A10."

ResMed marketing.... kind of like Microsoft starting off with their main distributions as Windows 1, 2 & 3, then switching to the year (Win95, Win98 & Win2000), then moving to a letter scheme (Windows ME & Windows XP), then to name (Windows Vista), and then full-circle back to numbers (Windows 7 and now Windows 8).... Too-funny

I'd bet that the development team at ResMed called this new series the "S10" until the Marketing Dept got a hold of it, so they changed it to AirSense and AirCurve just to make it seem "new" and "better".

But yeah, we probably shouldn't call it the S10, because people will get corn-fused.

Cool

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 04:46 PM)zonk Wrote: [quote='archangle' pid='79512' dateline='1407952266']

I cannot get too excited about this machine yet, the integrated humidifier is not good idea
Fisher & Paykel have an integrated humidifier but the tank is inside the machine, here attach on the side of the machine

Can you elaborate on that statement.

The F&P tank can be taken out of the machine to be cleaned/filled and so too on the new Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
They probably changed it to go along with their mask lineup, Tha AirFit F,P, or N 10? HUH, cornfusing, for sure, Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)archangle Wrote: ResMed just introduced a new "AirSense 10" line of CPAP machines.

I thought it be good to have a separate thread with technical details of what's different between "A10" and S9 models.

[*]The humidifier is integral. You can't remove it any more to get a smaller package.

If you look at the video on the resmed page, it clearly shows the humidifier is removable. Unless you mean that the machine cannot be used without the humidifier? But if it comes with a humidifier then just don't put water in it(?).

The video can be found here:-
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...-cpap.html
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 09:32 PM)Skypilot Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)archangle Wrote: ResMed just introduced a new "AirSense 10" line of CPAP machines.

I thought it be good to have a separate thread with technical details of what's different between "A10" and S9 models.

[*]The humidifier is integral. You can't remove it any more to get a smaller package.

If you look at the video on the resmed page, it clearly shows the humidifier is removable. Unless you mean that the machine cannot be used without the humidifier? But if it comes with a humidifier then just don't put water in it(?).

The video can be found here:-
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...-cpap.html

You could detach the S9 humidifier and take just the blower unit to have a smaller CPAP machine. This was particularly useful for travel, or just using it at home and having a smaller footprint.

- NEW info -

On Supplier #1's web site, it says that there is an optional "side plate" that can be put on the machine instead of the humidifier tank, making the A10 without humidifier tank nearly as small as the S9 without the humidifier, but you do need to buy the sideplate.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 362 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,766 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.