Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
Well I hve ordered the S9 with humifier for under $00.00, so I am happy with that/
My supplier is selling the S10 for about half the price that was mentioned here with full warranty. I am happy with my S9. It took me long enough to get one and I have been more than happy with it so far.

This will have to be a very good machine to win over most people on this forum because from what I have mostly seen here is everyone loves the S9, including myself now.
So the S10 will indeed have to prove itself.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 10:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: This will have to be a very good machine to win over most people on this forum because from what I have mostly seen here is everyone loves the S9, including myself now.
So the S10 will indeed have to prove itself.

I don't think there's any question that the A10 will beat the S9. It's just a question of how soon we get over the new version bug jitters and get to the point where SleepyHead supports it and people here know enough to give good advice on the A10's quirks and capabilities.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 10:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: So the S10 will indeed have to prove itself.
The A10 is the new version of the S9
I have no doubt in my mind, the A10 will prove as popular as the S9

I,m hunting for "Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her", Supplier #2 does not have her yet and going be a while before the machine hit the used market and available via private sellers

Post Reply Post Reply
So............ If it's not going to be an "S," like "S10," but an "A" instead, why isn't it going to be an "A1?" Huh! Answer me that! Yeah... I think it should be an A1. Later we can have an A10.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 11:55 PM)retired_guy Wrote: So............ If it's not going to be an "S," like "S10," but an "A" instead, why isn't it going to be an "A1?" Huh! Answer me that! Yeah... I think it should be an A1. Later we can have an A10.

There were only four S machines: S6, S7, S8, and S9. The machine before the S6 was the Sullivan V. ResMed changed their naming convention before and their marketing department can change it again.

Unless Samsung changes their own naming convention, the Galaxy S10 will come out before ResMed releases their #11 machine. ResMed may have been trying to avoid a naming conflict.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 11:55 PM)retired_guy Wrote: So............ If it's not going to be an "S," like "S10," but an "A" instead, why isn't it going to be an "A1?" Huh! Answer me that! Yeah... I think it should be an A1. Later we can have an A10.

Does it really matter what it is called?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 09:14 AM)Skypilot Wrote: Does it really matter what it is called?

Only to two groups of people:

1. ResMed Marketing Dept.

2. Newbies who get confused if we refer to a new machine by the wrong name (ie- saying "S10" instead of "AirSense 10").

Other than those two groups, nope, it don't matter much... Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I like Big_Dave's idea. Let's call it a Samsung.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys,

I'm from Australia and im currently completing a one month trial before purchasing my own CPAP machine.

I was given one of these machines today to trial for 2 weeks by my sleep therapist.

I have been using the Phillips Remstar AUTO, which has been great, but they have decided to give me this machine to trial.

I can help out with any questions you may have about the machine after a few nights of using it.

This forum has been a wealth of information for me. I had an AHI of 118, one of the most severe cases my doctor had ever seen. My AHI after 2 weeks of using the Phillips machine has gone down to 1.9. My Doctor says I am his biggest ever success story, so i'm pretty happy about that Smile

The A10 machine seems to have a cool sleep summary screen that presents information on the night before.. I'm going to be running it in CPAP mode, with AUTO ramp and pressure set at 18 as per my doctor.

My sleep therapist doesn't even have the remote control software yet, so the built in cellular data feature is useless for me for now. Probably better that way! Smile

Thanks guys and I will report back later on the results and how I find the machine compared to the Auto Phillips Remstar.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just gave a small donation as a thank-you for the ResScan Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,806 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,801 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,181 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.