Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
(08-21-2014, 09:14 PM)yaggy_bear Wrote: I was given one of these machines today to trial for 2 weeks by my sleep therapist.

That's great news Yaggy. Looking forward to your updates.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yaggi_bear,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It'll be good to hear your findings as you trial the new AirSense 10.
Best of luck to yu with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome yaggi_bear, good to see another Aussie, slowly but surely we are growing in numbers here.
That is great they gave you a new machine to trial. Will look forward to see how you go.

I was in a quandary as to which machine to order and went ahead and ordered the S9 but since then I have cancelled that and ordered the AirSense 10 for her.
I thought in for a penny in for a pound!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 09:14 PM)yaggy_bear Wrote: I can help out with any questions you may have about the machine after a few nights of using it.
Please can you look up the serial number and device number
The label at the back of the machine, next to power inlet

And have you tried SleepyHead to see whether it works with A10
Jedimark would be interested getting some data from the A10

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 11:06 PM)archangle Wrote: I don't think there's any question that the A10 will beat the S9. It's just a question of how soon we get over the new version bug jitters and get to the point where SleepyHead supports it and people here know enough to give good advice on the A10's quirks and capabilities.

You may be correct. But I won't be plunking down cash until I see some reports from users, for example, on this forum. I want to hear from some real non-ResMed individuals, people who have no financial tie to ResMed or their products. They can print anything they want to in the manual, but the reality may be different than the descriptions.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
$883 vs $2495 here is a joke! (ResMed Airsense Auto)

As per [commercial DME link removed per Apnea Board rules - please refer to this supplier as "Supplier #1 - see moderator note below] website:

"Do you ship internationally?"
Yes. We will ship to any country in the world with the exception of the following countries:

Cuba
Iran
Syria
North Korea
Spain (Customs Restrictions)

Per manufacturer policies, we do not ship ResMed or Philips Respironics products internationally.

------------------------

Does someone in the United States want to help us Aussie's out by buying the machines on our behalf and sending them over to us here???

883.00 USD = 947.944 AUD

We don't have to pay import tax on items coming into the country below $1000AU.

I just can't bring myself to pay $2495 for the same thing you guys get for $883!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2014, 06:32 AM)yaggy_bear Wrote: Does someone in the United States want to help us Aussie's out by buying the machines on our behalf and sending them over to us here???
Suppliers #2 and #10 ship to Australia
#2 prices are cheaper but they have not got the A10 yet
Post Reply Post Reply
awesome info zonk, thanks! where did you get your S9 autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2014, 06:32 AM)yaggy_bear Wrote: I just can't bring myself to pay $2495 for the same thing you guys get for $883!

Yes, but your machines are different. They have to work upside down. But don't try that at home! Because you would be turning the machine rightside up, and that could be wrong, not right......................
I'm so confused.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think some people have had success with some sort of service where you ship to the service company's US address and then they reship it overseas. There's a name for this, but I forget what it is. Apparently, getting charged higher prices for products in certain countries is not limited to CPAP.

You probably kiss your warranty goodbye when you ship it overseas.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 447 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,805 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.