Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
RE: New ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9
(09-15-2014, 03:24 AM)getsmart Wrote:
(09-07-2014, 09:54 PM)JayR Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 05:16 AM)getsmart Wrote: I now have to try and justify the A$2,395 price (less $200 for the trial and $500 from health insurance fund) brings it down to $1,695. This included the heated tube, 5 years warranty and consultations. This compares to around A$1,100 for a unit shipped to Australia from the US. I would assume if I visited a sleep therapist every quarter to 6 months they would charge $90 for a consultation with an imported unit, this would equate to $900-$1,800 in consultation fees over 5 years. Ideally if I imported a unit from the US I would like a local therapist who could supply online data logging, checks and adjustments when required, if anyone knows any companies doing this please let me know.

For the price of $2395, I assume you're referring to a package with everything included?
Where I did my trial, I was informed they did not rebate the trial fee when purchasing the 'special' $2395 package.
They would only rebate the trial fee when purchasing at the full package price, which was approx $2700.

Hi, It sounds like we used the same company (starts with res and ends with sleep). I paid $350 for the 1st trial (1 month) and then told after the trial I couldn't get the $350 off the package price only retail @ ~ $2,700. I then changed to another company who charge $200 for a 2 month and are much more helpful and the trial fee can be taken off the package price. I am still tossing up buying locally vs from the US.

Yes, we used the same company Smile

Would you be able to divulge the name of the other company, who charge $200 for a 2 month trial? Please PM me, if posting the name is a breach of forum rules.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense 10 AutoSet delegated as a backup machine, the S9 AutoSet still my primary machine and my #1 machine of choice
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2014, 07:18 PM)zonk Wrote: My AirSense 10 AutoSet delegated as a backup machine, the S9 AutoSet still my primary machine and my #1 machine of choice

Reading things like this makes me nervous. I'm pretty new to all of this but I used an S9 Elite for a month and found it worked without an issue for me, but bought an A10 Elite when I returned my S9 after the trial. The S9 wasn't going to be available and I read some nice reviews about the A10 and decided to give it a shot.

Overall, I find the A10 quieter than the S9, but the S9 was definitely quiet so I can't say the S9 was bad at all. They are the Elite version and not the Autoset, so it's just a CPAP so I don't know if I'd have the same issues others seem to have with the A10. Tonight will be night number 3 with the A10 and I haven't had any reason to complain so far. A clock on the machine would be nice though. Might have to just duct tape one on the top. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2014, 09:41 PM)labtec6 Wrote: Reading things like this makes me nervous.
Don't be nervous, what matter is how you like your machine , not what I or someone else say

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a System ONe AFLEX "renter" right now. I've inquired about the A10 and S9. I've been told the following:

1. A10 uses pressure triggering vs. flow triggering on the S9 and other brands.
2. Integrated humidifier vs. external. Whole machine goes down if humidifier stops working or is the humidifier replaceable when it breaks?

Maybe someone can elaborate on these points.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2014, 02:36 PM)jeff.wolf.rrt Wrote: 2. Integrated humidifier vs. external. Whole machine goes down if humidifier stops working or is the humidifier replaceable when it breaks?
Thanks.
From AirSense 10 clinical manual
When using the device on a plane: Make sure the water tub is completely empty and inserted into the device.
The device will not work without the water tub inserted

From Supplier #1: Side Cover For AirSense 10 Machines
The Side Cover For AirSense 10 Machines by ResMed allows the AirSense line of machines to be used without engaging the built-in heated humidifier. The side cover is attached to the side of the machine which the chamber would otherwise fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2014, 02:36 PM)jeff.wolf.rrt Wrote: I'm a System ONe AFLEX "renter" right now. I've inquired about the A10 and S9. I've been told the following:

2. Integrated humidifier vs. external. Whole machine goes down if humidifier stops working or is the humidifier replaceable when it breaks?

Thanks.
Hi jeff.wolf.rrt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answers to your questions but hang in there and someone will be able to help you.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2014, 09:41 PM)labtec6 Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:18 PM)zonk Wrote: My AirSense 10 AutoSet delegated as a backup machine, the S9 AutoSet still my primary machine and my #1 machine of choice

Reading things like this makes me nervous. I'm pretty new to all of this but I used an S9 Elite for a month and found it worked without an issue for me, but bought an A10 Elite when I returned my S9 after the trial. The S9 wasn't going to be available and I read some nice reviews about the A10 and decided to give it a shot.

Overall, I find the A10 quieter than the S9, but the S9 was definitely quiet so I can't say the S9 was bad at all. They are the Elite version and not the Autoset, so it's just a CPAP so I don't know if I'd have the same issues others seem to have with the A10. Tonight will be night number 3 with the A10 and I haven't had any reason to complain so far. A clock on the machine would be nice though. Might have to just duct tape one on the top. Wink
Hi labtec6,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad to hear that you like your A10.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2014, 02:36 PM)jeff.wolf.rrt Wrote: I'm a System ONe AFLEX "renter" right now. I've inquired about the A10 and S9. I've been told the following:

Thanks.

I spoke on the phone with ResMed. Absolutely professional; customer service A++!!! Thanks
They told me the S9 and A10 are the same in the way they deliver flow but the A10 is MORE sensitive and litterally everyone they have been speaking to absolutely loves it. I was assured that they will stand behind their equipment if there was a failure. We also spoke about getting an A10 for HER for the additional functionality. They describe the advantage of the HER model is that of even greater sensitivity yielding even MORE confort. They recommended it even for men.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2014, 09:52 AM)jeff.wolf.rrt Wrote: I spoke on the phone with ResMed. Absolutely professional; customer service A++!!! Thanks
They told me the S9 and A10 are the same in the way they deliver flow but the A10 is MORE sensitive and litterally everyone they have been speaking to absolutely loves it. I was assured that they will stand behind their equipment if there was a failure. We also spoke about getting an A10 for HER for the additional functionality. They describe the advantage of the HER model is that of even greater sensitivity yielding even MORE confort. They recommended it even for men.
Would they stand behind their equipment after the expiry of the 2 years warranty period? they're not the exception , all machines comes with 2 years warranty. In Australia, you can pay extra for an extended warranty but machines aren't cheap at $2295.00 and Quattro Air full face mask $275.00 (source: Supplier #13)

As for "recommended it even for men" ... AutoSet 4Her mode algorthim is female specific, remain to be seen if also works for the sensitive guy ... the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Also for "everyone they have been speaking to absolutely loves it" ... they have not spoken to me

I have to ponder why they say such thing "even greater sensitivity yielding even MORE confort"
Customer service people can say anything

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,366 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,931 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,143 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,526 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 280 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.