Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed Aircurve V10 Auto
New ResMed Aircurve V10 Auto
So I purchased a used Aircurve V10Auto after using a Respironics BiPap Pro with over 35000 hours on it for 13 years.  I listed the settings below and wonder if there are any recommendations to adjust--BiPap pro setting was 12/8 and worked fine for me for years but have no data to support it.

Settings are as follows:

Mode:VAuto
Max Ipap:12
Min Epap:8
PS:3
TiMax:2.0
TiMin:.3
Trigger:Med
Cycle:low
Ramp:15 Min
Start Epap:4.0
Climate Control:auto
Tube Temp:auto

Do these setting sound correct for the first night?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed Aircurve V10 Auto
If you have been using this pressure for 13 years, then you are probably very used to the pressure. I don't see a need to use the Ramp feature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd suggest getting OSCAR and post a night's usage chart according to the standard order in my signature. We can help suggest settings from there. Alternate is others that are better at setting transfer between machines may help with those older machine settings applying it to your new one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, you have been using fixed BPAP at 12/8 which is PS 4. If you want to try Vauto with variable pressure, try this:
EPAP min 7.0
PS 4.0
Max pressure 16.0
I would stick with trigger and cycle at medium unless there is something you are specifically concerned about, and turn off ramp. There is no need to start at EPAP 4, and you would feel suffocated by that anyway. I think starting at these settings will be closer to default and allow changes to be made after you have some data. The lower EPAP min give you a chance to try lower pressure, but I suspect you will be at or above your old settings most of the night. Similarly, you might as well allow IPAP to move above your old pressure and 11/7 to 16/12 is a pretty good range considering your old settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point--I tested it with and without the ramp and it doesn't seem to release pressure on exhalation as much as the Bipap pro did--somewhat uncomfortable so I may need the ramp.

I downloaded the Oscar software and look forward to seeing the results tomorrow morning.  Will post when I have.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is part of the reason for suggesting a lower EPAP pressure on Vauto. The BiPAP uses BiFlex to amplify the pressure drop, and often does so ahead of expiration. The Resmed always follows respiratory leads, and unless TiMAX is reached, may be at maximum IPAP when you initiate exhale, however it quickly drops. Most of us quicly find the Vauto algorithm comfortable, however if you use Ramp, start at the highest pressure you find tolerable and keep it short (10 min). Also, if you were using cycle sensitivity LOW as in your original settings, you got what you asked for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try those setting tonight but leaving the ramp for now.  I tried it with and without the ramp as a test but this unit doesn't seem to release as much pressure on exhale as my old one (which was probably well worn out anyway).
Post Reply Post Reply
Have my first Oscar chart from last night.  A lot of the apneas seem to be in the first two hours as I was adjusting toi the first time usage.  Also seems mask leaks were high.  Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeffdanger your leaks are too high your machine does not know what is going on you need to look at the mask primer here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with JasW that with those leaks, you cannot rely on the data from the machine to be useful. The starting point is to read the Mask Primer wiki in my signature links, and get a mask that fits. Your mask should not need to be excessively tightened to seal. The mask should essentially float on your face and provde a good seal. If it does not, then you need a different brand, size or style of mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 553 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.