Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed User - High AHI
New ResMed User - High AHI
Hi Everyone! Hoping for some guidance to this new CPAP/APAP user:

A little bit of pertinent background:

I had a previous septoplasty performed for a deviated septum which has now returned at some point. Potential for a repeat septoplasty with my ENT/sleep physician at some point in the future.
This past week I have been having a stuffy nose and have been feeling pretty cruddy. The first night with ResMed was during this phase. 
I previously used an ibreeze and AHI was lower (<10 and <5) for the week that it was used, but, I had requested a change to a resmed.

The mask that I am using is a P30i and my machine is the ResMed airsense 10. I am currently working with them to get a different machine as this was "lightly used" with 4800 hours on it. The RT at the office couldn't (?wouldn't) tell me the hours on it, but, that's a different story altogether. Possibly a contributing factor? Regardless, looking forward to a newer machine. Also in the works to try to get a mask that covers both the mouth and the nose. Spouse has mentioned that my mouth is still sometimes open with just the P30i. 

The biggest surprise for me is seeing the really high AHI numbers and with what OSCAR is showing, my really high "Clear Airway". This was not seen in my sleep study or with the ibreeze machine. I have included both my sleep study below along with my 1/night OSCAR screenshot. Can provide more info as necessary. 

TYIA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed User - High AHI
That iOS strange that the sleep study showed almost no centrals and you have a real train reck of centrals on the Cpap. Maybe a malfunction???  If you are getting a different Cpap please post a night from it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea definitely. Makes me wonder if that's why this machine was given back? RT stated non-compliance but who knows. Would it still be worth it to still try some changes?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Cpap you have can not treat centrals. It is a more expensive AVS that costs about 2x as much.

With your Cpap it something helps to set it as an old Cpap with the Same min and max with EPR off. But with the number of centrals you had I don’t think it would do much.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a 10 min and a 2 minute zoom on the same CA Cluster.
That Plus a full night view of view of both standard and advanced charts (Menu - View / Reset Graphics / Standard and View / Reset Graphics / Advanced)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope these look right. If not, please let me know and I'll try to re-upload them appropriately. I believe my full night standard is posted in my original post. The advanced full night view along with the zoom in's have been posted. 

TYIA for your help.

I re-attached the zoomed-in snippets with the advanced view as well if that is helpful in any way at all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think most of this is positional, yes, even the CA events. By any chance did you change pillows or beds recently? Are you using 1 or 2 pillows?
I think you are tucking your chin.
The sleep test in your 1st post every central happens to, and this is key, be in a cluster of obstructive events.
On the AutoSet your labeled OA and H events are clustered with the labeled CA events which I think are false. I believe most of them are false and actually obstructive in nature.

So I would like you to try a soft cervical collar. Look at the cervical collar link in my signature. And try one, it won't hurt.
Post Reply Post Reply
So yes, there was a change in mask. The pillows that I received with iBreeze are different than the resmed pillows. The newer pillows that I have fit more in the nostrils rather than having an open slit. What's confusing to me is how the AHI on the iBreeze has never gone past 10 at the most? 

I am trying to procure a new mask that covers my mouth as well along with a new machine given how used it was. 

I do agree with the cervical collar as well and will get one too.

What do you think in regards to which to try first in which order? Machine, mask, collar? If I had not tried the iBreeze first I don't think I would have had this concern.
Post Reply Post Reply
To be clear the pillows I was referring to are your bed pillows, not mask pillows.

The head tilting at times is inconsistent. The 'sudden' onset coinciding with the ResMed I viewed as part of that inconsistency.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops, missed that part. But no, I have the exact same pillow and bed. Nothing else had changed apart from what I mentioned.

Ok if I'm understanding correctly, because the head tilting is inconsistent then that is why it may have coincided with my "new" resmed machine? 

I will update when I get the meet machine, mask, and pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,435 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.