Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed machine
New ResMed machine
Hi,

I just got my prescription and ordered a ResMed S9 AutoSet machine with a Quattro full face mask. I am trying an online supplier that is not listed on the suppliers post. I will tell you how it goes.
Not your ordinary Moe Schmoe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed machine
Good job Moe. While you're ordering stuff, you might want to get a small supple of the Remszzz liners, or a "Pad-a-cheek" liner. They can make life with the Quattro much brighter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Moe,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine and mask, I look forward to hearing how you like the supplier.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! This site has a wealth of information and search results have answered many of my questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad that full face masks exist. I can't remember how many times my cpap machine was useless when I had congestion due to a cold. Does anybody know if I could hook up the ResMed machine to a battery pack?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 08:07 PM)Moe Wrote: I am glad that full face masks exist. I can't remember how many times my cpap machine was useless when I had congestion due to a cold. Does anybody know if I could hook up the ResMed machine to a battery pack?

Yes, ResMed sells their own "ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for S9™ Machines" as found on Supplier #1 (see the Supplier List link at the top of this page).

I'd probably opt for some type of generic UPS battery backup like you'd have for your PC when the power goes out. Would be best to find one that doesn't sound alarms when the power goes out though (obviously bad when trying to sleep).

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Got the machine and mask today. I'll 'sleep' on it and update you some more at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want, google "easy breathe" to locate the supplier I used. I have nothing but positive experiences with them so far. They are prompt and williing to help.

My first night with the new machine was awesome. The new mask will take some getting used to. I had to switch to the other mask I was using beforehand. I got the Quattro Air primarily for when I can't breathe through my nose due to congestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations. You have a good machine. Good luck with your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Moe,
It's great to hear that you had agood experience with your supplier and your first night with the new machine went so well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 569 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 1,969 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Old Resmed Autoset S9 machine SteveC 4 578 09-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.