Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResMed mask line 4-21-14
RE: New ResMed mask line 4-21-14
Regarding the F10, as someone mentioned earlier, the cushions are IDENTICAL to the existing Air product. With the different headgear and frame, can this mask really be that different than a regular Air product?

I'll assume ResMed definitely thinks so. Is that the end of the ResMed Air line then, with the F10 being the replacement?

Regarding with N10, even though I'm a mouth-breather and am told to not even try anything other than a full-face mask, I'm dying to try (maybe literally) either the N10 or the P10 along with a chin strap. Is there any general characteristic in either one that might lead one to try one or the other?

(Feels like we're talking about new Infinity models instead of medical masks.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Quattro Air currently, and I seem to get leaks right under my eyes. I pull the mask tighter all the time, to the point it gives headaches. It still leaks. With the F10 it looks like it would eliminate these leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received the ff f10. I am hoping I can get itto work. Last night
I lasted a couple hours - ahi was 8. I swiched back to the fx.

the f10 has potential. Getting used to a new mask is a challenge, but I will do it.
ill keep you posted.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 09:53 PM)sibertiger Wrote: I have the Quattro Air currently, and I seem to get leaks right under my eyes. I pull the mask tighter all the time, to the point it gives headaches. It still leaks. With the F10 it looks like it would eliminate these leaks.

I'm to struggling with how the Air and F10 can be that different, given that they have identical cushions. The support in the mid-mask position on the F10 would be an improvement. I've read that some have used their own customized additional mid-level support straps.

On the Air, I even tried putting the upper headgear straps in the space between the frame and the cushion. So the straps would be on the upper part of the Air cushion rather than high up on the forehead. This is the obvious major change in the F10. I found that gave it a mid-level support. My Air is just too big so I imagine that's my main source of leaks. I wonder too if many might eliminate leaks by just getting a smaller mask.

Regarding the new N10, compared to the Swift FX Nano, the main difference also seems to be related to additional strap support.

Is it possible ResMed realized the leaking that most users were having with the Air and Swift FX Nano that they redesigned new headgear supports for them and gave them new names? It's crummy for existing users that they'd have to spend another $100-150 for getting a little more headgear strap support. I suppose existing Air cushion users can carry over their existing supply of Air cushions to the F10.

While on the subject of headgear support, maybe ResMed will also redesign the headgear support for the P10 to make it more user adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm interested in the F10. I've looked at the headgear design and think it'll be a big improvement over most current masks. After a few more positive reports I'll probably order it and see how it stacks up to the Simplus I'm currently using.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2014, 02:41 PM)gjw Wrote: The N10 looks promissing, as a silent replacement for my Swift FX nano mask...
Then again I am still waiting to get my hands on the P10 here in Switzerlan...

;-> gjw

I switched from the Swift FX to the AirFit P10. Absolutely love it. Closest thing there is to not having a mask at all. My only question is the durability of the head gear. So far no problem but it's lightweight and need to last at least three months before my insurance will pay for another one.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I am interested in the N10 as currently I use a Mirage FX which is working well. Has anybody tried the new N10 yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying out the F10 right now as I haven't been getting along with my nasal pillows and I need a backup FFM anyway. Slept really well. Honestly I'm not sure if it's because the mask is comfortable (for a FFM, it is, anyway) or because I turned auto back on and turned my starting pressure way down so the leaks around the bridge of my nose don't bother me when I'm going to sleep. This allowed me to loosen the top straps enough that the mask was comfortable to wear.

My leak numbers were absolutely superb and I slept well. Will post a review after a week or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Way cool.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 501 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,481 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,058 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mask Change P10/ N30 to F20 Issue (Resmed) mcman56 14 949 11-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.