Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResScan version 5.5 now available [old version]
New ResScan version 5.5 now available [old version]
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is closed.  There is a newer version of ResScan now available.  See this thread for more info:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
New ResScan Version 5.5:

As of October 23, 2015, ResMed has released a brand new version of the ResScan PC software for ResMed CPAP machines.

The new ResScan version is 5.5, and the link to the new version is now being distributed by healthcareworker (please follow the directions in this thread):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

[Note: forum login required to access the above link - click here to register for a free forum account]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: New ResScan version 5.5 now available
Has anyone installed this new version?

If so, did you notice any improvements, fixes or changes over the previous version?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Thank you, SuperSleeper

I installed the new version 5.5 without encountering any problem
I didn't install the drives and chose "Complete" installation
When all done, the data from the previous version displayed in the new version

I haven't noticed any difference from the previous version but didn't looked too closely
ResMed don't normally release notes about upgrades, never know what they got up their sleeves Coffee

It installed no problems and loaded up my old data OK. I'm using Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
The interface looks a bit cleaner but that's just cosmetic. It still takes multiple clicks to get going and it seems just as slow as before. Nothing here to temp me away from SleepyHead.
I used the link as sent to me and downloaded and installed ResScan 5.5 electing (I think) "Custom" install while excluding the 3 drivers. That method may be cause preventing printing of detailed graphs and, maybe, some (horizontal) zooming capabilities. Exporting summary metrics eventually worked after initially only displaying only all the column headings' text in Microsoft Works. Impatient wanting to see and learn what I can (before sleep MD appointment Nov. 10), I've deferred uninstalling and reinstalling RS5.5 while hoping to find guidance here.

I moused and clicked around and the to left of a detailed graph and now have a clue to some vertical zooming. But clicking, say, in the uppermost graph of (was it, say, "blockages") causes a cursor to show up or move--seemingly arbitrarily--in another graph below.

This may be my most stupid question. Are the numbers inside the little boxes on the tip of Event bar graphs the point-sample frequency of OSA's at that time of the therapy session? Similarly, what about CSA bar graph heights and numerical values? Are those durations?

I too have been grappling with apparent disagreements between statistics in ResScan and those that the Clinician screens on the AS10Autoset will display when you enable "More Info". My device came setup to provide "1 Month"-average values certain additional items (AHI, Pressure, Leak and Usage stats). Those did not match daily values in the online "my air" report card or in Resscan statistics. Well, duh!, you need to change the averaging base to one day. When set to "1 day" rather than "1 Month" the pressure and leak values shown on the device, for example, will agree with the 95% statistic ResScan will show for the sleep session.

I'm betting a Moderator will point me to operating instructions here that I overlooked. My device provider said she was not supposed to reveal how clients can call up the Clinician screens for access to added info and device Settings--probably a good idea for novice users who might blindly change therapy settings.

After rambling here I'm now wondering if the detailed Events bar-graph displays breathing boosts the device delivers to overcome the graphed breathing obstructions.

I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Hi 2SleepBetta
Apneas are shown at the time they end and the duration in seconds displayed above the symbol
Red symbol for obstructive apnea, black (white top) symbol for central apnea, yellow symbol for unknown apnea
The height of the symbol correspond to the duration of the apnea
Hypopneas shown by a blue rectangle

Here some links might helps, not recent but the information still valid
ResScan 3.12 tutorial http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm
ResScan guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
S9 data guide http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

I have a problem with my software. I was using the older version and still now have the same problem. I want to change the settings on my CPAP machine which is a ResMed S9 Elite and I have changed the settings before but now it keeps wanting to erase the SD card every time I have made changes and will not apply those changes to my machine as it just keeps erasing it every time I put it back in. It then puts the same settings I had, before the changes, back onto the SD card. It is not locked and I can read and write to the SD card. I think the company that pulls the reports for my doctor did something to the Sd card so that when I put it into my machine the last time because now it will not allow me to change the settings. I have been a Registered Nurse for over 25 years and know what I am doing. I hate to have to call the Dr to get the order then wait for the rep to come driving down from over an hour away (what ever day he feels like he can get here which may be over a week and a half) just to change the settings for me to try out. The reason I changed them in the beginning was because it made my lungs hurt so I backed off the pressure a bit. Now I want to slowly move it back up to where they had it the first time but cannot. Can someone help me to figure this out?
(11-09-2015, 04:32 PM)Megiddo Wrote: I think the company that pulls the reports for my doctor did something to the Sd card so that when I put it into my machine the last time because now it will not allow me to change the settings.
I think the only way to make the new changes stick is to use the machine without the SD card, use a new card, or maybe reformatting the card and that will delete everything on the card

The machine always write summary data on the SD card up to a year, so nothing is lost there but for detailed data, the card has to be inside the machine while using it, as detailed data written directly on the card and not stored inside the machine memory. The SD card stores detailed data up to 30 days and 7 days of flow data, also summary data up to a year

Whatever you do, check with your doctor first or CPAP police might be knocking on the door in the middle of the night Smile

The only way to enact any changes is to do it through their software (AirView) or through ResMed Software. I cannot make changes on the machine itself except for ramp time and humidity and the exhale pressure 1-3 or off. I have reformatted the card using several different formats and the machine ALWAYS when I insert the card erases it and then puts the data that is stored on the machine back onto the card. It never used to do that. I think that they put something on the card so that when it was inserted the last time (before all this started occurring) to make the machine settings unable to be changed, but for the life of me I cannot understand or figure out why they would do that. If the CPAP police wake me up they will have to deal with my second amendment. lol

I may try leaving it unplugged for a while except if any of you know if it has an internal battery backup to keep the data intact. If I can reset the machine the ability to make changes to the settings may return.
Have you tried making the changes yourself using ResScan?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 83 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 202 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.