Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
RE: New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
Hi, I have trailed the P20 and it gives me good AHI results. However it moves up my nose and rests hard against the underside of my nose . It is irritating and has broken the skin. Have tried various adjustments of the harness but no success. Has anybody experienced this problem and have they found a means of stopping the mask rising up their nose?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2016, 04:30 PM)Cribbe Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 10:39 PM)marcus10 Wrote: I've got an N20 on trial from my provider. Only had one night so far so very early days.

I've found it very good in terms of stability when moving around or from side to side. I think it maintains the seal well and I haven't experienced any leakage issues. It does give rise to some soreness on the bridge of the nose however, which is probably just a feature of nasal masks and I'm hoping will go away.

I believe the mask has some potential. I haven't downloaded the data to SH yet but will do so when I've got some more time with the mask under my belt and hopefully report back.

How has it been for you? I have been using both the N20 and the Eson 2 for more than a week. I think the Eson 2 fits much better when sleeping on the side and does not provide any leaks.
I am still not sure which one is the best and I need to make a decision within a few days...

Just following up from this earlier post. I really like the N20. I find I have minimal leak issues and the soreness on the bridge of the nose issue went away very quickly with proper adjustment of the straps. I am able to move around well, bury my head in the pillow, and the mask seal just stay sealed with little to no leaks.

The Sleepyhead data corroborates this experience.

Unfortunately, I have only tried the Wisp in terms of other nasal masks. Imho, the N20 beats the Wisp hands down and I am very happy with it so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marcus hi,
I am happy with the N20. However I found that because I do not sleep with my dentures in , the mask slide up my nose and under my nose became sore. I have overcome this problem by tying the chin strap to the arms of the mask. This tyes the
Mask so it doesn't move and also helps to keep my chin up. I also use paper tape across my mouth to keep my mouth closed. It is a it of an effort but it does work for me. My AHI has dropped from 16 down to a weekly average of 3.3.
I have tried the Eson2 as well but I have had trouble with keeping the chin strap in place, it keep falling of during the night. I probably needed to buy a better quality chin strap that stays in place. I have certainly found that it is all trial and error. What suits one person doesn't suit another.

Good luck with your trials.

217manor
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone put out a pad-a-cheek style product for the F20 yet, or has anyone managed to use a similar product on their F20? I'm curious to try it, but I've never been able to get along without one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not heard of any being available as yet, but would be interested to know of their availability
217manor
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #31 says on their website they are working on an F20 mask liner. I accidentally emailed them before I noticed this, so I'll update if they send me back more info about when it might be available.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #31 has f20 mask liners available, they're just not on the website yet.

I used the F20 + liner last night and noticed no real differences from my F10. I'm pretty skeptical about the magnetic clips, but they did not come off overnight. The straps seem less likely to come off than the F10 as well. I'll write a real review after I use it for a week or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2017, 08:23 PM)eviltim Wrote: Supplier #31 has f20 mask liners available, they're just not on the website yet.

I used the F20 + liner last night and noticed no real differences from my F10. I'm pretty skeptical about the magnetic clips, but they did not come off overnight. The straps seem less likely to come off than the F10 as well. I'll write a real review after I use it for a week or two.

Hi, I hope you have success with the F20. After some weeks I have settled on F&P Eason2 nasal mask. It fits very well for me with little leakage. Also my Ahi is consistently low and it does'nt apply excessive pressure on my nose. So until something better comes on the market I will continue to use the Eason2.
I did like the Resmed N20 mask but it for several reasons it did not fit well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my F20 yesterday and, of course, had to try it last night. I still need to do some more work with it. I like most of the design features. Will write more when I get it sorted a little better.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,446 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,777 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 313 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 944 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.