Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
I wonder if a new P20 mask with improved headgear is also in the makings?

New Resmed F20 & N20 masks

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
The headgear seemed to be the weak point... hopefully the new headgear on these types of masks will be greatly improved.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Article says the number one issue with masks is comfort, I think it is leaks - by what do I know. I did notice I didn't see anything there about leaks.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the first I've heard of the 20 series. I think the F20 in particular will be of interest to those needing FFM but getting a lot of leaks and fit problems with the F10. We will see if a P20 follows. The P10 is all about minimal, so I would probably stay with that, but lots of members complain about the headgear being too flimsy or stretchy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly, I just received my 6 month full headset (F10) and hoses and everything - so, it will be 6 months before I can try the F20 - probably a good thing, I can let others try it first and read the reviews!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I never like being an early adopter of anything. Best waiting 6 months for the reviews.

I'm not sure a P20 is coming. I think the N20 and F20 were to placate shareholders because the competitors had better versions of these masks
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, we'll see...the F10 wasn't that bad, but it was a bit "Goldilocks" in getting the strap tensions just right. Too much or too little and it leaked. Maybe with the new seal, there will be less trouble with it.

I'd be game to try one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2016, 12:45 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Well, we'll see...the F10 wasn't that bad, but it was a bit "Goldilocks" in getting the strap tensions just right. Too much or too little and it leaked. Maybe with the new seal, there will be less trouble with it.

I'd be game to try one.

Try using a non-stretchy velcro over the straps on the F10. Adjust the fit to as loose as you can and not get leaks - instant 95% no leaks even when tossing and turning - promise. I have been using mine for over a month now, and it works.

Frank
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Any more info on when these will hit the streets?

In a month from today, I'll be able to order a new mask and I'd gamble on a N20.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new to the apnea world, well using a machine that is, I must have had apnea for decades, and I recently (1 Month ago) started using an Airsense 10 and Mirage FX nasal mask.

How does the AirFit N20 compare to the Mirage FX ?

So far I found the Mirage FX not that good, it's leaking air and making my eyes water, although the display shows me a smiley.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,973 58 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.