Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
RE: New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks
(11-24-2016, 05:55 AM)49er Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 01:12 PM)NLapnea Wrote: I'm new to the apnea world, well using a machine that is, I must have had apnea for decades, and I recently (1 Month ago) started using an Airsense 10 and Mirage FX nasal mask.

How does the AirFit N20 compare to the Mirage FX ?

So far I found the Mirage FX not that good, it's leaking air and making my eyes water, although the display shows me a smiley.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Since according to supplier number 1, the Airfit N20 is not going to be shipped until 11/28, it is probably too soon for you to receive an answer to your question. What have you tried to troubleshoot the leaks?

If you haven't done so, you might start a thread asking for helping regarding this situation while you wait to see if the N20 might better suit your needs.

49er

Hi 49er

I had my 6 week checkup in the hospital yesterday. I was told that my leaks are way below the max margin of 24 liters per minute. I have experimented with different tensions for the mask, I think I'm closing in on the best setting.

Another thing to mention, I was diagnosed with 44.4 AHI/hr, my average during the first 6 weeks was 8.2, lower but not low enough. They changed my setting to auto in the 9-14 range and last night I had only 2.7 AHI/hr.

Not there yet, but getting there.

Thanks for all the advice guys (and girls)

Fred

Post Reply Post Reply
Saw my sleep doc today for my first appointment since starting on my VPAP 22 days ago. We talked about masks. I've been using an Amara View, and the top straps lay over the outside 1/4 of my eyes. Meh. I mentioned that I would like to try a nasal mask, probably with a chin strap, and I mentioned the Wisp.

He suggested we give the AirFit N20 a try, so we'll see how it goes. I'll report back here once I actually have it in-hand and have had a chance to try it. I'm a side-sleeper, and he thought this could help me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gamegrrl, it sounds like the over-the-head strap is too short. I have mine adjusted so that the upper straps run below my eyes and just above my ears, almost touching them. That may make your Amara View more comfortable.

Best of luck finding a mask that fits - I tried the N10, and now go back and forth between a Wisp (better nose seal) and the Amera View (mouth breather).
Post Reply Post Reply
I love the fit, the quiet, and the way the exhaust is dispersed from the P10.
I hope they keep all of that the same and just give the P20 (if it comes out) decent headgear!
I tried the N10 and found it leaked constantly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2016, 07:39 PM)evanr Wrote: I love the fit, the quiet, and the way the exhaust is dispersed from the P10.
I hope they keep all of that the same and just give the P20 (if it comes out) decent headgear!
I tried the N10 and found it leaked constantly.

If you are looking for a P10 type mask with decent headgear you might try the Rio Mask. If you search for Rio Mask on the forum you will find a discussion about it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone else try either the new AirFit F20 or N20 masks yet?

If so, what's your opinion thus far?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2016, 07:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Anyone else try either the new AirFit F20 or N20 masks yet?

Thinking-about

I have been using the N20 for a week now. I find it a bit noisy, and the strap over the back of my head wants to move when I sleep. I does not fit perfect when you sleep on the side.
I have now been trying the Eson 2 for 2 nights and the headgear fits better and it does not move when I sleep on the side.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a review of the F20 started in the review section...I'm my DME's guinea pig for it...so far, I likey Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2016, 07:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Anyone else try either the new AirFit F20 or N20 masks yet?

Thinking-about

I've got an N20 on trial from my provider. Only had one night so far so very early days.

I've found it very good in terms of stability when moving around or from side to side. I think it maintains the seal well and I haven't experienced any leakage issues. It does give rise to some soreness on the bridge of the nose however, which is probably just a feature of nasal masks and I'm hoping will go away.

I believe the mask has some potential. I haven't downloaded the data to SH yet but will do so when I've got some more time with the mask under my belt and hopefully report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2016, 10:39 PM)marcus10 Wrote: I've got an N20 on trial from my provider. Only had one night so far so very early days.

I've found it very good in terms of stability when moving around or from side to side. I think it maintains the seal well and I haven't experienced any leakage issues. It does give rise to some soreness on the bridge of the nose however, which is probably just a feature of nasal masks and I'm hoping will go away.

I believe the mask has some potential. I haven't downloaded the data to SH yet but will do so when I've got some more time with the mask under my belt and hopefully report back.

How has it been for you? I have been using both the N20 and the Eson 2 for more than a week. I think the Eson 2 fits much better when sleeping on the side and does not provide any leaks.
I am still not sure which one is the best and I need to make a decision within a few days...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,710 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,516 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,525 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 509 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,472 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,897 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,261 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.