Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit N10
Humidifier: HumidAir heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Cool New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Just wanted to say Hello, and thank you for this great forum.

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea since 05,06? and originally given a Resmed S7, with Quattro Nasal mask. I live in the US and back then I traveled a lot internationally, so coupled with travel and trying to get used to using a bulky Cpap machine caused me to not really use it like I should have. Back in 2012, I decided to try and use it and make it work. After finally getting somewhat used to it, I realized what I had was very uncomfortable and offered very little info and comfort from the therapy. I could not tell if the machine was just not working, or if I was still struggling to get use to CPAP machine.
In my research I discovered this wonderful website that helped me make some drastic changes in my CPAP Therapy and change DME. For one I learned you can and should ask for what you want, and not settle for what the DME gives you. Getting supplies for the old resmed quattro mask and accessories for a discontinued S7 (Humidifier) from my old DME was painful, but that's a whole different story in it's self.
To shorten this story, With my research I settled on what I wanted which was the new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and the Airfit N10 nasal mask. Found the DME who offered it and still took my Insurance. I am now a very, very happy camper. So far only 4 full nights with new machine and mask, and man what a world of difference. AHI is around 3.4 per night so far and I feel much rested than I did with the old S7. I'm Currently using the Rescan 5.1 software, and it works perfectly with the Airsense 10. Now I just need to learn what all the stats and terminology means. AHI and AI is the only things I understand so far, but I'm learning. This website also linked me to docs on terminology lingo for CPAP therapy and how to use and understand the Rescan Software.

So I just wanted to say thanks again for this wonderful forum...Thanks
09-08-2014 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Hi aspruil,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy, after a rough start,) and the new machine, CONGRATULATIONS.!
Yes there is a lot of great and empowering information to read here. You'll learn all the terms before long, just keep reading and asking questions along the way to help you to understand things better.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck as you continue your CPAP therapy this second time around.

trish6hundred
09-08-2014 03:21 PM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Thanks for the post aspruil.... I have a feeling there are a lot of delayed success stories just waiting to get discovered. I know in my life I was asked to talk with a lady from our church that just couldn't stay awake. Not only during the services; like most can't, but during coffee time or whatever.

I did talk to her and found out she had been diagnosed years ago, tried the machine at the time, couldn't figure it out or make it work for her so she quit.

Later in her life she had a major single-car auto accident, has decided to have diabetes, heart problems, etc.

So as a result of our talk she's off to see her Doc, my note in hand, to request a new A10 for Her.

This is important stuff we do around here... Stuff that makes a difference. Let's recognize that there are just about as many people out there who have tried cpap therapy and given up on it as there are that have had success. If we can keep our eye out for those and help when we can we will, and we have, saved lives.
09-08-2014 06:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Gabby Online

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Nasal Mask
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10 For Her
CPAP Pressure: 8-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Welcome Aspruil!
So pleased you finally have things under control and love your new equipment.
It can only improve from now on. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Keep up the good work.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 07:05 PM by Gabby.)
09-08-2014 07:05 PM
big_dave Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

(09-08-2014 03:01 PM)aspruil Wrote:  Now I just need to learn what all the stats and terminology means. AHI and AI is the only things I understand so far, but I'm learning.

The data may not make much sense now, but keep at it. It took about a month of downloading my data every morning before I could make sense out of it. Understanding how to put the data to good use comes gradually, and you can always ask questions on the board.
09-08-2014 10:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Acronyms and Abbreviations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Glossary:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Definitions

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-09-2014 08:14 PM
NickDanger Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autopap
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: 5i
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ResMed Chinstrap

Grats, Aspruil! Hope the good numbers continue to roll...
09-09-2014 11:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(09-08-2014 03:01 PM)aspruil Wrote:  I'm Currently using the Rescan 5.1 software, and it works perfectly with the Airsense 10. Now I just need to learn what all the stats and terminology means. AHI and AI is the only things I understand so far, but I'm learning. This website also linked me to docs on terminology lingo for CPAP therapy and how to use and understand the Rescan Software.

Hi aspruil, welcome to the forum!

I hope you have also requested by email the clinician set-up manual for the A10 AutoSet. There are good explanations in there about what the various settings do.

There is a thread in the Important Threads section on how to get your machine's set-up manual.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
09-15-2014 12:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,496 12-04-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,265 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 251 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 212 11-24-2016 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 565 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this abrun7 7 515 11-19-2016 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 86 30,259 11-17-2016 09:14 PM
Last Post: comphelp