Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Cool 
New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Just wanted to say Hello, and thank you for this great forum.

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea since 05,06? and originally given a Resmed S7, with Quattro Nasal mask. I live in the US and back then I traveled a lot internationally, so coupled with travel and trying to get used to using a bulky Cpap machine caused me to not really use it like I should have. Back in 2012, I decided to try and use it and make it work. After finally getting somewhat used to it, I realized what I had was very uncomfortable and offered very little info and comfort from the therapy. I could not tell if the machine was just not working, or if I was still struggling to get use to CPAP machine.
In my research I discovered this wonderful website that helped me make some drastic changes in my CPAP Therapy and change DME. For one I learned you can and should ask for what you want, and not settle for what the DME gives you. Getting supplies for the old resmed quattro mask and accessories for a discontinued S7 (Humidifier) from my old DME was painful, but that's a whole different story in it's self.
To shorten this story, With my research I settled on what I wanted which was the new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and the Airfit N10 nasal mask. Found the DME who offered it and still took my Insurance. I am now a very, very happy camper. So far only 4 full nights with new machine and mask, and man what a world of difference. AHI is around 3.4 per night so far and I feel much rested than I did with the old S7. I'm Currently using the Rescan 5.1 software, and it works perfectly with the Airsense 10. Now I just need to learn what all the stats and terminology means. AHI and AI is the only things I understand so far, but I'm learning. This website also linked me to docs on terminology lingo for CPAP therapy and how to use and understand the Rescan Software.

So I just wanted to say thanks again for this wonderful forum...Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Hi aspruil,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy, after a rough start,) and the new machine, CONGRATULATIONS.!
Yes there is a lot of great and empowering information to read here. You'll learn all the terms before long, just keep reading and asking questions along the way to help you to understand things better.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck as you continue your CPAP therapy this second time around.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the post aspruil.... I have a feeling there are a lot of delayed success stories just waiting to get discovered. I know in my life I was asked to talk with a lady from our church that just couldn't stay awake. Not only during the services; like most can't, but during coffee time or whatever.

I did talk to her and found out she had been diagnosed years ago, tried the machine at the time, couldn't figure it out or make it work for her so she quit.

Later in her life she had a major single-car auto accident, has decided to have diabetes, heart problems, etc.

So as a result of our talk she's off to see her Doc, my note in hand, to request a new A10 for Her.

This is important stuff we do around here... Stuff that makes a difference. Let's recognize that there are just about as many people out there who have tried cpap therapy and given up on it as there are that have had success. If we can keep our eye out for those and help when we can we will, and we have, saved lives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Aspruil!
So pleased you finally have things under control and love your new equipment.
It can only improve from now on. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2014, 03:01 PM)aspruil Wrote: Now I just need to learn what all the stats and terminology means. AHI and AI is the only things I understand so far, but I'm learning.

The data may not make much sense now, but keep at it. It took about a month of downloading my data every morning before I could make sense out of it. Understanding how to put the data to good use comes gradually, and you can always ask questions on the board.
Post Reply Post Reply
Acronyms and Abbreviations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Glossary:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Grats, Aspruil! Hope the good numbers continue to roll...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2014, 03:01 PM)aspruil Wrote: I'm Currently using the Rescan 5.1 software, and it works perfectly with the Airsense 10. Now I just need to learn what all the stats and terminology means. AHI and AI is the only things I understand so far, but I'm learning. This website also linked me to docs on terminology lingo for CPAP therapy and how to use and understand the Rescan Software.

Hi aspruil, welcome to the forum!

I hope you have also requested by email the clinician set-up manual for the A10 AutoSet. There are good explanations in there about what the various settings do.

There is a thread in the Important Threads section on how to get your machine's set-up manual.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 5 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,849 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,636 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.