Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Airsense 10 user help w/settings SH report
RE: New Resmed Airsense 10 user help w/settings sleepyhead report
Flow Limitation is important to you and the RERAs that are associated with that.
EPR is important because it will act as a mini BiLevel with a PS of 3 for help in managing hypopneas, Flow Limitations, and RERAs. I would set EPR to 3 for that reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will change the EPR to 3 tonight as well. 

Under my old resmed airtronics I would wake up 5-8 Times a night. Last night I woke up once only, for the first time in a long time. It was amazing. 

Hopefully tonight will be even better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the worst sleep of my life last night...AHi was 7.3 

Monday night to Tuesday morning.
AHI 7.3
Settings:
EPR set to 3
Minimum pressure 10 Maximum pressure 16
Ramp time 5 minutes and pressure set to 6 to start.
Humidity level 5

Sunday night to MOnday morning
AHi 3
No EPR
Minimum pressure 8 Maximum pressure 16
Auto Ramp
Humidity Level 4

I'm please asking for asking for help with these results since I dont know what they mean.

Thank you in advance.

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark-

How has your sleep been over the past week? Hopefully better than the last time you posted!

It seems your minimum pressure should be at about 10 cmw as ajack suggested. Post some recent charts if you get the chance. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would agree with snoring bear Smile
You are leaking or mouth breathing with the nasal and tweaking would help that, leaks are annoying as well.
The idea is to increase min pressure till the OA/H and FL go away. Generally that's between the Med in the right hand column box and the 95%

There may be some positional cluster apnea, there is lots on the site about that

I wouldn't worry about the CA. They should settle, if they weren't in your sleep study. EPR 3 may aggravate them, but I'd use it if you are more comfortable.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate you guys checking in with me. I felt like I was at a dead end since I asked for help it had a been a few days. The last week has been horrible. My AHI has fluctuated between 7-10 per hour. Im exhansted. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. Ive enclosed my results. Please help guys, Im trying to learn whats best for me. I really could use some coaching.

My two best nights last week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please help me Apneaboard experts Your my only hope!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2019, 11:13 PM)mark1107 Wrote: Please help me Apneaboard experts Your my only hope!

Mark,

I'm glad you were able to check in and post some more charts.   Ajack and some of the others will be by soon with some in dept advice.  One thing you'll want to do for sure is increase your minimum pressure to 10 cmw.  That will help clear up some of your events/reduce ahi.  By the way, you seem to be controlling your leaks pretty well! Do you find your mask is comfortable enough for you?

Also, when posting charts, try to include only the following as they will be the most helpful.  Some of the others will be less helpful at this stage.

Charts to include:
  • Events
  • Flow Rate
  • Pressure
  • Leak Rate
  • Flow Limit
There is help on the way!!!   The guys here will get you dialed-in before you know it!  - - No one here will give up on your progress!!!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Snoring bear! So my minimum pressure should be 10 and max pressure should be 20? I’m keeping the EPR at 1 for now. I will re screen shot my charts to capture those.

I use a nasal mask since I’m a nose breather and I keep it on pretty tight, FYI.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2019, 11:52 PM)mark1107 Wrote: Thank you Snoring bear! So my minimum pressure should be 10 and max pressure should be 20? I’m keeping the EPR at 1 for now. I will re screen shot my charts to capture those.

I use a nasal mask since I’m a nose breather and I keep it on pretty tight, FYI.

That sounds perfect Mark!  Your resmed will only go as high as it needs to...20 max is fine!   Using minimum pressure of 10 cmw can help with a better night's sleep and reduced events.   And keeping your EPR at 1 sounds fine for now.

Your mask shouldn't really feel tight or uncomfortable... Here's a link from Fred Bonjour's sig line that talks about proper fitting of your mask.  The main thing is your mask should feel comfortable to you!

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ing_a_Mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 528 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,870 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,648 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,850 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,208 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.