Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Airsense10 Doesn't Come w/SD Card
New Resmed Airsense10 Doesn't Come w/SD Card
hi everyone.  i'm just wondering if anyone else is have this experience.  i've been using my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for about 5 years now and my insurance wants me to get a new one.  i went down to pick it up and it doesn't come with an SD card to record my data.  they're also going to be monitoring me remotely for compliance for 10 months, i guess.  i always assume the worst, that they're trying to take away my ability to monitor myself.  has anyone else had this experience with the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed Airsense10 Doesn't Come w/SD Card
The lack of an SD card with new machines sounds like it's been happening more often. They probably think giving gifts to non-customers called CPAP patients probably wastes a few corporate cents per machine. And yes we probably don't need to see if therapy is working well or not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's more that they believe we don't need to see our own data, nor do they think we would understand what we see. Then we would be more dependent on them.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, that's what i think.  it's all about billable hours.  that's the real reason they don't want us messing with our own pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 05:37 PM)anakranism Wrote: yes, that's what i think.  it's all about billable hours.  that's the real reason they don't want us messing with our own pressure settings.

You do know you could blow up a lung or your eye or something if you get that pressure set wrong?

Shock-2

PS I'm sarcasmizing, xPAP probably can't even inflate a balloon
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, but does it have zero run hours?
Post Reply Post Reply
that's a very good question.  how can you find out without an sd card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Run hours are displayed in the Clinician Mode where setup takes place. Press and hold the control knob and home for a few seconds.

FWIW

run hours equals odometer in a car VS user hours that equals trip odometer
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, i just got the idea to go and investigate that.  it does say zero hours, but i also notice just above there's a button to erase data.  if you were to erase the data would it go back to zero or would the number of hours used still show up?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Run hours can't be reset by the patient. With the correct equipment, repair shops, including some DME's I suppose, can reset run hours. A legitimate scenario is if the blower motor is replaced, the run hours could be reset. Non legitimate hours reset wouldn't be extremely surprising at some places.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 290 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.