Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Airsense10 Doesn't Come w/SD Card
RE: New Resmed Airsense10 Doesn't Come w/SD Card
well, this is a legitimate DME.  they've been in business for years, and they were reimbursed at their agreed upon price for the machine by my insurance, so i guess it's probably brand new.  i'm going to assume it is.  i know my old one has well over 9000 hours on it.  anyway, thanks to all of you for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, "Brand New" machines from reputable? DMEs have had anything from a couple hundred to several thousand run hours on them because they were surprised a customer knew how to look up that data. After all it was new "to you" or they made a "mistake" and grabbed the "wrong machine" to give you.

I would absolutely check it, and it could very well be brand new. A lot of hours will impact the lifetime on the machine in that it will fail that many hours early and you have to wait for 5 real years to replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you, but i think you missed the post where i said i did look it up and it says zero.  i was just wondering if you could erase the hours easily and make it look like zero again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did miss that post but the above post said "probabaly" new.  

You can erase data, you can reset (to zero) therapy hours, but not run hours, not even with a reset.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 08:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: You can erase data, you can reset (to zero) therapy hours, but not run hours, not even with a reset.

Actually, it is possible to erase/reset machine run/blower hours. See discussion in this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ower-hours
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, this has just happened to me:  I picked up my ResMed for Her a couple of days ago but not until I got it home did I notice it didn't have an SD card in it.  When I called I was blithely told, "Oh, you don't need it, we can get your information otherwise."  "Well I can't so I want one." I replied in a non-too-friendly tone of voice.  I got one the following day - new and in the folder.

Of course, I can see my data 'otherwise' but that's not the point.  The specs for the machine state that there should be one; as well I checked with ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 05:56 PM)bonjour Wrote: OK, but does it have zero run hours?

Funny you should ask this question just at this moment because I was going through the clinicians' menu on my new machine yesterday evening  and found 461 hours recorded and   I have been cogitating as to what to do about it
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2019, 07:40 AM)guiniviere Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:56 PM)bonjour Wrote: OK, but does it have zero run hours?

Funny you should ask this question just at this moment because I was going through the clinicians' menu on my new machine yesterday evening  and found 461 hours recorded and   I have been cogitating as to what to do about it

Did they sell it to you presenting it as new? 461 hours is not new. Me? I'd demand actual 0 hour new. 461 hour in the 15k lifespan isn't a lot, but if they said new...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zeebas.

I think it paranoid to assume this trend is a conspiracy to keep data out of our hands.

It's all about saving a couple bucks on a manufacture of a machine.  Since they have remote monitoring built in, there is no reason for you to have to remove a card and take to a doctor or somebody to read it.  So no real need for them to supply one.  If they really wanted to cut off your access, guess what, they could very easily just quit putting card slots on the machines.  Or they could pretty easily encrypt the data so that only their program would read it with a proprietary key.

You still have the capability to get the data.  If you think you need it, go to your local WallyWorld and get a card for a couple bucks.

There.  That was easy.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very thankful I didn't need to go to Wally World to get an SD card, or anything else actually. My ASV accidentally came with an SD card.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,040 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 199 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 291 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.