Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAPs Switched on Plane
RE: CPAPs Switched on Plane
(09-14-2017, 06:07 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Can't remember: Does Sleepyhead read any DME contact info that might be programmed into the CPAP?

The DME might have a way to track the serial number to their customer.

I wonder what the other person is doing?  Do you think they might have contacted the airline?

Keep in mind this machine is incapable of providing data, and never worked with Sleepyhead since any compliance data was stored on a SmartCard. This machine has a manufacture date between 2006 and 2009.  There is no support for a machine of this age and model.  It's kind of amazing that two machines of this vintage could have ended up in the same overhead compartment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2017, 06:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 06:07 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Can't remember: Does Sleepyhead read any DME contact info that might be programmed into the CPAP?

The DME might have a way to track the serial number to their customer.

I wonder what the other person is doing?  Do you think they might have contacted the airline?

Keep in mind this machine is incapable of providing data, and never worked with Sleepyhead since any compliance data was stored on a SmartCard. This machine has a manufacture date between 2006 and 2009.  There is no support for a machine of this age and model.  It's kind of amazing that two machines of this vintage could have ended up in the same overhead compartment.

Ahh, not familiar enough with model numbers and capabilities.

It sounds like this might be a case of filing an insurance claim (if the deductible makes sense) and getting an upgrade.
Post Reply Post Reply
What make and model did you get from the mix up. You would think that if the person now has a lesser machine they would contact the airline. Even if they did not get a lesser machine you should still contact the airline. Good lesson for all of us to use an ID. I hope things work out for you, maybe it's time for a new machine anyways.

Does any one know of travel insurance for something like this?

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I think unchecked luggage has no liability for the airline since you never surrender custody to them. I doubt any airline will expend much effort to reconnect the owner with his carry-on item, and any loss as a result of the mix-up is 100% the liability of the passenger.

I noticed ndstate has been a member of the forum since March 2012. That is one of the original members here with only 3-posts. Unless they got a new machine somewhere along the line, then the machine this member had when they joined 5-1/2 years ago is the one that was lost. The M-series was obsolete in 2012 when the current machine would have been the System One 60 series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2017, 05:13 AM)car54 Wrote: Does any one know of travel insurance for something like this?
Probably not.  And if there is, it probably isn't worth the expense.  This was a carry on that got mixed up with someone else's.  

Homeowner's insurance might cover a loss like this, but every policy is different so you'd have to check.  And since a homeowner's policy probably has a deductible that exceeds the cost of all but the most expensive of CPAPs even relying on that isn't a great deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Google Lost and Found for your Airline. For instance, when I do it for Delta Airlines, it brings up a report page.  In that report page, in addition to your contact info, they ask you to describe the item and include unique identifiers where you could list your serial number (as an example). In addition, you include your flights so that they can further identify that item.    I'd just give them the machine that they gave you in error so that they can track the owner the same way. Resmed/Respironics is not going to give you any info.

Now, the above is with the assumption that this was carry-on.  If it was in baggage, they have a reporting method for that as well. But, sadly, your machine is probably worthless unless you could show sales prices for used similar machines (Secondwindcpap only takes low hour machines, so not comparable).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW Stubert 2 682 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Switched to FFM, need help on settings Strange54 1 220 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 432 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 529 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 492 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.