Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed Model??
New Resmed Model??
Does anyone have any info about when a new RESMED model might be released???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed Model??
Haven't heard anything. They usually come out about every 5 years. Funny how that matches up with Medicares time frame.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
At least they're not duping you into buying a new one every year like Samsung and Apple try to do with their phones.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 06:57 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Does anyone have any info about when a new RESMED model might be released???

No idea. What would you want in a new regular or new travel model? I've seen some threads where a supposed CPAP designer solicited feedback, and there were all sorts of ideas, lots of which seemed superfluous to me, but could be very important to others (like requests for a rainbow of color choices).
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 07:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: At least they're not duping you into buying a new one every year like Samsung and Apple try to do with their phones.

Coffee

Grrr...non-user replaceable batteries. They make what should be long lasting items into disposable waste. Not just phones, everything with non-user replaceable rechargeable batteries. I considered buying fancy Bose noise cancelling earbuds but the electronics that do the cancellation use a rechargeable, non-replaceable battery making the earbuds a consumable rather than a durable good. Used to be $100+ items were made to last. now they are made for the trash. :-( Glad the ResMed PAP machines don't use anything like that, though I do wish the AirMini included a screen rather than counting on your cell phone. ResMed recently killed off an expensive sleep tracker that is still for sale on Amazon, the S+, by killing off the internet servers you had to use to access the data from the sleep tracker via your phone (even though the S+ is right there next to you). So I put any reliance on the internet or proprietary phone apps in a similar category as non-user replaceable batteries.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 09:06 PM)Stom Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 07:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: At least they're not duping you into buying a new one every year like Samsung and Apple try to do with their phones.

Coffee

Grrr...non-user replaceable batteries. They make what should be long lasting items into disposable waste. Not just phones, everything with non-user replaceable rechargeable batteries. I considered buying fancy Bose noise cancelling earbuds but the electronics that do the cancellation use a rechargeable, non-replaceable battery making the earbuds a consumable rather than a durable good. Used to be $100+ items were made to last. now they are made for the trash. :-( Glad the ResMed PAP machines don't use anything like that, though I do wish the AirMini included a screen rather than counting on your cell phone. ResMed recently killed off an expensive sleep tracker that is still for sale on Amazon, the S+, by killing off the internet servers you had to use to access the data from the sleep tracker via your phone (even though the S+ is right there next to you). So I put any reliance on the internet or proprietary phone apps in a similar category as non-user replaceable batteries.

Yep, my sentiment exactly.

Why swap out a $15-25 battery when you can make the consumer replace the $750 phone? So says phone manufacturers. Angry
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 08:09 PM)Stom Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 06:57 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Does anyone have any info about when a new RESMED model might be released???

No idea. What would you want in a new regular or new travel model?

A lower price.

(Yeah, right. ... "Wow, look at that! Hell just froze over!")
Post Reply Post Reply

Coffee

Wait .... I can get a phone that doubles as an APAP?
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2018, 10:53 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:

Coffee

Wait .... I can get a phone that doubles as an APAP?

There IS an app for that.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Isn't the AirMini effectively the "new model"?

I suspect the Airsense 10 replacement will be a much smaller device, not exactly travel size but easier to leave home with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Curve 10 need model # help Fiveseven108 17 1,168 09-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Greywolfe
  [Equipment] F&P SleepStyle (new model) Help with setup? BethT 5 989 05-24-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: BethT
  [Equipment] Other brands and model alternatives to Dreamstation autoSV DSX900T11C ggoodrich 2 1,071 08-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does anyone know when ResMed is likely to replace the S10 with a new model? green wings 12 2,489 02-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.