Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed S9 Auto Set
New Resmed S9 Auto Set
Here is my experience with the new DME today. I shortened the story.

My 1 hour appointment turned into a 2 1/2 hour appointment all because they insisted on me giving them a credit card when I have insurance that pays 100% and no copays. I got up to walk out and they said wait, we will go back and listen the the girl that set your appointment and see if she told you about this. I knew she didn't.

I waited and waited b/c I knew she hadn't told me and if I walked away then I knew about the credit card issue and they might make me provide one. They came back and told me that she had not told me and that they would give me my machine and I did not have to secure it with a credit card. I have to admit that to the branch manager I ripped into him a little bit b/c he said he wouldn't let me have my equipment and compared it to renting a car which is nothing near the same as getting a CPAP machine.

ANyway, after I called Resmed to verify that the machine was NOT an escape I walked away with the S9 auto set, climate line (slim line tubing). The water chamber doesn't have the 3 lines anymore but I love the way it snaps apart for easy cleaning.

She wouldn't tell me how to change the pressure but when I am ready, I know where to look for the info. She set it at 6 to 20 rather than 4 to 20. I know that 6 is way too low by looking at my recent data but there have been times I was down to 10 and only 2 times that I was at a 13 or 14 and that is within a one year period.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed S9 Auto Set
me50, well done, just on the low pressure, I would leave the low at 4 or 6, the idea of the auto is that it goes at that low pressure untill you require a higher pressure then it kicks in and goes back to that lower pressure over time. That is the comfort factor of this machine so you don't have to have high pressures all the time. The 20 seems a bit high and over time I would be bringing that down. Mine for example is set at 5-15 and I rarely over 10. My AHI was 30 at the sleep study and most nights now around 2, hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,
Glad you got your S9AutoSet, CONGRATULATIONS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2013, 08:42 PM)Tez62 Wrote: me50, well done, just on the low pressure, I would leave the low at 4 or 6, the idea of the auto is that it goes at that low pressure untill you require a higher pressure then it kicks in and goes back to that lower pressure over time. That is the comfort factor of this machine so you don't have to have high pressures all the time. The 20 seems a bit high and over time I would be bringing that down. Mine for example is set at 5-15 and I rarely over 10. My AHI was 30 at the sleep study and most nights now around 2, hope this helps.

thanks!! when I had the other cpap machine my setting is 12 so 6 worries me a little bit b/c if I have an event, it may not raise the pressure fast enough. I have never had an event as high as 20 and I only had 2 that was 13 in a year or 2 of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done for hanging in there and bluffing them out.
Let us know how you go with the bedmate Smile

A quick silly question - it does have the SD card in it?
I would get the clinical manual and fully explore how they have set it as as well, but that's just me - And tune the ramp, the humidity settings etc.
I personally cannot handle it at 4 cm as it feels like I am suffocating, so I have the ramp start from 6 which is very pleasant for me.
Finding the EPR that works for you is also a good thing.

I also like the autosense - just put on the mask - one or 2 breaths into it and the machine turns itself on - take off the mask and it turns off.

Have fun
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='alby_c' pid='44676' dateline='1378891315']
Well done for hanging in there and bluffing them out.
Let us know how you go with the bedmate Smile

A quick silly question - it does have the SD card in it?

It does have an SD card. I asked about the settings for humidity, etc. and she said there is one setting for all 3 that I asked about (don't have my list of questions in the office with me).

Honestly, since the appointment took too long due to their errors, I think she was in a bit of a hurry to get finished as she had to do home deliveries for oxygen, etc. She was very patient, etc. but we ran way over time and she had to finish her deliveries. The next time I go, I have a feeling it would be better b/c the problems that happened in the first visit are now resolved.

I am going to change my choice on the face mask b/c it isn't good for those that sleep on their side and I am working on not sleeping on my back anymore.

Love this forum!! I get so much support from the members and I try to offer support as much as I have knowledge about....I will get there though!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 395 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 598 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.