Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Resmed S9 Autoset, clicking sound
RE: New Resmed S9 Autoset, clicking sound
(05-05-2015, 08:13 AM)sidetwists Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 10:12 PM)Analogdesigner Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 10:42 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Analogdesigner,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I think that clicking sound has to do with the humidifier turning on and off. I hear it on mine too, but it's not really loud enough to be of concern for me.
hang in there for more answers to your question.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAp therapy.

Hi trish6hundred,

Thank you for your comments. I did some further research and discovered that the early S9's didn't make this clicking sound. The claim is that a software update implemented a while back was responsible for this clicking sound. I want others to know that this clicking occurs once every five to fifteen seconds and it is very subtle. I use the standard Slimline hose, not the heated hose. I wonder how cycles that the relay is good for until it wears out? The sound is coming from the humidifier, not the blower unit. Thanks, Jay

Hi, just want to throw in my 2 cents worth; I use the very same machine with the climate line and it also makes a very faint ticking/clicking noise from the humidifier. I've had it for a couple of years now and it hasn't done the machine any harm, nor is it loud enough to disturb me, can hardly hear it Smile

Hi sidetwists, sometimes I will go to my room and lie down for bit and my head is very close to my machine. Also, it's fairly quiet where I live. As a design engineer, I thought it was a strange thing.

Thanks, Jay

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2015, 10:06 AM)Analogdesigner Wrote: ...The sensor is inside of an old bacterial/viral filter (you can see it inline with my hose behind my machine) that I had cut into two halves in my machine shop. It causes very little restriction. I learned a lot about how to set my humidifier when I had my older S8 Escape!

Thanks, Jay

I noticed the bacterial filter. That's very clever to get the remote humidity sensor in there. Very cool.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-05-2015, 03:18 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 10:06 AM)Analogdesigner Wrote: ...The sensor is inside of an old bacterial/viral filter (you can see it inline with my hose behind my machine) that I had cut into two halves in my machine shop. It causes very little restriction. I learned a lot about how to set my humidifier when I had my older S8 Escape!

Thanks, Jay

I noticed the bacterial filter. That's very clever to get the remote humidity sensor in there. Very cool.

justMongo,

I have attached another closeup image of the sensor installed inside of a old bacterial/viral filter. The humidity gauge updates once every few seconds. So my setup is busy, I come out of the machine and the air goes through a right angle adapter (22mm, this is for a Respironics, I feel that Resmed should of supplied one of these) then into the adaptor for my pressure gauge, then into the temp/humidity sensor chamber and then through a bacterial/viral filter. It's a good thing that I can't afford a flowmeter right now.

Thanks, Jay

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 404 59 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 183 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 468 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.