Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Router- No FlashAir anymore
RE: New Router- No FlashAir anymore
(08-11-2018, 08:37 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Just to make sure we're on the same page, when you log into the router, looks like it'll tell you your WAN IP and your LAN IP (I'm looking at page 18 of the user manual).  The LAN IP is the address of your router for logging in to make changes, and this whole manual suggests it should be 192.168.1.1 (very common).  The router will then assign IP's 192.168.1.2 through .254 to devices that connect to it unless you specify the range.  The WAN IP is what your internet service provider has assigned to your router for internet traffic.

I really would be surprised if ASUS sent a router out with a 192.168.50.1 LAN IP address, but I've been surprised before.

Yes- page 18 of the manual says:
[attachment=7743]

Asus factory settings on this router came up as:
[attachment=7742]
It appears that the LAN IP can be reset to something else- but why would it be factory set the way if 192.168.50.1 isn't OK?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2018, 08:27 PM)matthewb Wrote: the biggie will be the wifi settings, FlashAir is pretty old school, whereas the router is newer, gooderer and more set up for new technology. I had to go buy a cheap ac1200 router to get my old stuff to work on my new router. That was easier than trying to knobble the new router settings to let the older stuff work. I can talk you thru keeping the DIr that works with flash air and installing the new one along side it if you want me to.

Thanks matthew, that will be the last resort Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2018, 11:42 AM)zzzZorro Wrote: It appears that the LAN IP can be reset to something else- but why would it be factory set the way if 192.168.50.1 isn't OK?

It's fine. All that is required is for all connecting devices match the first 3 number groups. While it's not etched in stone, standard practice usually uses the last number of 1 or 254 for a router/gateway assignment.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GOT IT!

Old Age and Cunning usually prevails Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
YAY, well done
Post Reply Post Reply
Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2018, 11:42 AM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 08:37 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Just to make sure we're on the same page, when you log into the router, looks like it'll tell you your WAN IP and your LAN IP (I'm looking at page 18 of the user manual).  The LAN IP is the address of your router for logging in to make changes, and this whole manual suggests it should be 192.168.1.1 (very common).  The router will then assign IP's 192.168.1.2 through .254 to devices that connect to it unless you specify the range.  The WAN IP is what your internet service provider has assigned to your router for internet traffic.

I really would be surprised if ASUS sent a router out with a 192.168.50.1 LAN IP address, but I've been surprised before.

Yes- page 18 of the manual says:

Asus factory settings on this router came up as:

It appears that the LAN IP can be reset to something else- but why would it be factory set the way if 192.168.50.1 isn't OK?

Yep, and now I've been surprised again.  Glad to see you nailed it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 592 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,444 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 783 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 488 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,088 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  New Router Lost FlashSD Connection gumleafau 2 473 03-28-2023, 04:23 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.