Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Router- No FlashAir anymore
RE: New Router- No FlashAir anymore
OK- changed some settings as you indicated
[attachment=7718]

I went back to the SetUp and had it set up for WIRELESS ROUTER MODE- changed it to ACCESS POINT MODE and it changed the LAN IP to 172.xx.x.xxx
Good or Bad move?

Will keep you appraised of progress (like a chicken pecking along for a piece of grain Too-funny)
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad move, IMHO, especially if it is your main router.

Have you looked at the network map/list of connected devices to see if there's already something that has connected with IP 192.168.50.191?
Post Reply Post Reply
If everything else is set a 192 network, then the 172 setting, ain't going to fly. Except for the very last number, ALL other numbers have to match.

Also, what is the address range set in your router for DHCP assignment? For no particular reason, I set my DHCP range to 100 to 200. Any address below 100 and any above 200 can be used for static assignment without stepping on any dynamically assigned device.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
easiest way, factory reset router, climb into it, save existing factory config file (in admin tab) just in case then its easy to reload.
set lan ip address to 192.168.0.1 from the factory setting (in your case 192.168.50.1) This is now the address you access the router on from a browser.
Dhcp to auto, (my range is from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.150 on my system, set yours to 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200 or whatever you want it to be)
Wlan to 2.4, legacy and 20 mhz WPA
save, reboot router, you may also need to reset the pc, easier just to reboot the pc after router has rebooted if your pc doesn't see the ip address change when the router reboots.
now routers back where the DIr one was, re config all your clients as they were before and then see whats not working.

I hate ASUs deciding to use a .50 subnet on some routers.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...ing-basics

as an aside, this is a handy page to help you understand how ip addresses and subnet masks work, and how they interrelate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2018, 04:02 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Bad move, IMHO, especially if it is your main router.

Have you looked at the network map/list of connected devices to see if there's already something that has connected with IP 192.168.50.191?

Bigwink Well Ed, I can say it sure isn't the first Bad Move I've made when poking at computers (HEH!)  No- nothing at that IP.

[attachment=7720]

Here is what it shows- don't recall seeing a GATEWAY before but maybe that is just the way this Asus router shows up?
Post Reply Post Reply
a "gateway" is your router, its the opening between your network and the outside world, hence the term.
Router is the term used to describe what it does, it takes information from the web and "routes" it to the pc, or device requesting the information, same deal in reverse, think of it as a cop doing point duty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I REALLY appreciate the IP number instructions.  Hope some of it sticks in my grey matter- at least now it means more than Chinese to me anyway.

The Router was reset to factory settings- good suggestion- Now the Network Map no longer has the 'Gateway' in it (that the earlier pix showed).

Still no luck with the FlashAir.  If it wasn't working prior I would figure it died!  I will go back through the previous instructions people have been given trying to get theirs to work and keep trying.  I did turn off the routers firewall to see if it was interfering, but it did not allow FlashAir to work.

Thanks all, much appreciated! Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
the biggie will be the wifi settings, FlashAir is pretty old school, whereas the router is newer, gooderer and more set up for new technology. I had to go buy a cheap ac1200 router to get my old stuff to work on my new router. That was easier than trying to knobble the new router settings to let the older stuff work. I can talk you thru keeping the DIr that works with flash air and installing the new one along side it if you want me to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2018, 04:40 PM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 04:02 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Bad move, IMHO, especially if it is your main router.

Bigwink Well Ed, I can say it sure isn't the first Bad Move I've made when poking at computers (HEH!)  No- nothing at that IP.

Here is what it shows- don't recall seeing a GATEWAY before but maybe that is just the way this Asus router shows up?

That looks like it's from Windows, not from the router.  When I say "network map," you'll get that from the router, should be an option in the user interface.  My router has both a "map" and a table listing of every device connected to the network via a wireless connection or ethernet.

Where I come from, the gateway is usually the modem, connecting the router to the internet.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, when you log into the router, looks like it'll tell you your WAN IP and your LAN IP (I'm looking at page 18 of the user manual).  The LAN IP is the address of your router for logging in to make changes, and this whole manual suggests it should be 192.168.1.1 (very common).  The router will then assign IP's 192.168.1.2 through .254 to devices that connect to it unless you specify the range.  The WAN IP is what your internet service provider has assigned to your router for internet traffic.

I really would be surprised if ASUS sent a router out with a 192.168.50.1 LAN IP address, but I've been surprised before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 610 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,460 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 784 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 489 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,088 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  New Router Lost FlashSD Connection gumleafau 2 474 03-28-2023, 04:23 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.