Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New S10 machine, replaced DS1 ABIPAP
New S10 machine, replaced DS1 ABIPAP
    One of your fine moderators requested I create a thread, and I appreciate that very much.

I have a new S10 for her machine and used it last night.  I changed the defaults to try to match my DS1 as the S10 will move into bipap on EPR 3.  This is the data, and any insight I would greatly appreciate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New S10 machine, replaced DS1 ABIPAP
Mask type and model: Airfit F20 full face
Post Reply Post Reply
OK let's see... Flow Limits are quite high. The tool to combat this will be the following 2 items, EPR and more minimum pressure.

Your median EPAP was about 10, and that's probably close to where you'll need to be. This is if EPR 3 is already on, turn that 6.2 to 8. You can take it up in steps if you prefer.

Note that you do have some CA which is Central Apnea. I suspect this is a version of treatment emergent, as in using the PAP. That is unless you had CA show on a diagnostic study. Since you will be increasing pressure, which may increase CA, keep an eye on the stats. CA and flow limits are treated in opposing fashion, which is why I mention it.

Last, show OSCAR in this setup, events, flow rate, pressure, leak, flow limit on your next post update.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2021, 08:41 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK let's see... Flow Limits are quite high. The tool to combat this will be the following 2 items, EPR and more minimum pressure.

Your median EPAP was about 10, and that's probably close to where you'll need to be. This is if EPR 3 is already on, turn that 6.2 to 8. You can take it up in steps if you prefer.

Note that you do have some CA which is Central Apnea. I suspect this is a version of treatment emergent, as in using the PAP. That is unless you had CA show on a diagnostic study. Since you will be increasing pressure, which may increase CA, keep an eye on the stats. CA and flow limits are treated in opposing fashion, which is why I mention it.

Last, show OSCAR in this setup, events, flow rate, pressure, leak, flow limit on your next post update.

Yep, I did bump min up to 8 after seeing this data.  CA was minimal (as it's probably false positives) in both of the Phillips machines.  There was no CA in the sleep study at the time (4 years ago).  I'm sure that CA in RP machines can also have false positives.. 

I also raised the max pressure.  

My initial impression with this machine is that I wanted to sleep more than I've slept on my phillips machine, which is odd, since I would wake up refreshed and full of energy.  

When looking at the data this resmed machine is minimizing most of the events, but I feel like crap.

Regards,

P
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be interesting to see the flow rate graph at a resolution of about 3 minutes. Your flow limits are impressive! By zooming in on the graph you will see a very flattened inspiratory wave-form. I can't say what causes it, but rarely do we see someone at nearly 0.5 flow limit with EPR at 2. I think your solution is probably to find a narrow pressure range that feels good and stick with it. Your graphs do not include the pressure chart, so it's impossible to correlate the times with better results with a pressure. I actually think your flow limits are caused by chin-tucking, rather than any anatomical issues. Some people have obstructive apnea or increased incidence of hypopnea from chin-tucking, but you and some others we have see, can continue to breathe through the positional obstruction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2021, 09:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It would be interesting to see the flow rate graph at a resolution of about 3 minutes. Your flow limits are impressive! By zooming in on the graph you will see a very flattened inspiratory wave-form.  I can't say what causes it, but rarely do we see someone at nearly 0.5 flow limit with EPR at 2.  I think your solution is probably to find a narrow pressure range that feels good and stick with it.  Your graphs do not include the pressure chart, so it's impossible to correlate the times with better results with a pressure. I actually think your flow limits are caused by chin-tucking, rather than any anatomical issues. Some people have obstructive apnea or increased incidence of hypopnea from chin-tucking, but you and some others we have see, can continue to breathe through the positional obstruction.

Thank you for the evaluation, it's at EPR 3 in that dump.  I've had flow limits in all the data (on phillip's apap and bipap).  I can add pressure and zoom in on whatever event needed.

Regards,

P
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2021, 08:41 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK let's see... Flow Limits are quite high. The tool to combat this will be the following 2 items, EPR and more minimum pressure.

Thank you Dave, I'll do that shortly 

Regards,

P
Post Reply Post Reply
Why were you on a BiPap?

I too suspect a positional cause to your flow Limits.

Post a set of charts with your current settings, you have been changing them.

An experiment, make your pillow flatter, if you use 2 pillows, use one. If you use a firm foam pillow try a thin non-foam pillow. If Sleeprider and I are right (post the detailed data Sleeprider requested) the common fix is a soft cervical collar, read the links in our signatures for details on this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Buying used vauto with replaced motor? fishfinderG 1 577 12-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,789 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] PR System One replaced with Löwenstein Prisma 25S tolnaiz 18 4,282 04-28-2022, 03:20 AM
Last Post: tolnaiz
  I took apart my Philips Dreamstation and replaced the foam chamber. Now it's loud! allistairt 11 2,914 02-06-2022, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 10 filter replaced, still get replace message. midwestguy 4 3,759 04-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: midwestguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.