Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New S9 supplied with clinicians manual
New S9 supplied with clinicians manual
I picked up my new S9 VPAP Auto yesterday (yahoo). I went to look through the users manual in the package and found out that it was not a users manual but the clinicians setup manual. What a surprise. It was not actually a real manual but a black and white copy of the Resmed manual folded into the booklet configuration of the original but not stapled. I guess it is the thought that counts.

My timing is way off. I think that I got my s8 just before the S9 came out and now I am getting my S9 just before the S10 hits the market. I guess I will just keep being obsolete from the git go. I am really happy to get the S9 and at this point am not sure that I would want the S10.

Well..Sleep well,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New S9 supplied with clinicians manual
Hi PaytonA,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the mew machine, even though it's obsolete, )Ha-Ha,) what a lucky break on getting the clinicians manual, too.
I'm not sure about the new Resmed machine lineup either. I don't usually like being the new kid on the block with anything like that, there are most likely going to be plenty of bugs to work out.
Good luck with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Compared to your S8 Auto 25, you'll love the S9 VPAP Auto. Even the S9 humidifier tank is a joy compared to the S8's H4i tank.
Just because the S10 is coming out, does not mean it's better.

Since we now have the same machine, we can compare notes!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Payton! It's nice to get a shiny new machine. From what I've seen it doesn't look to me like the S10 is really going to do anything much better than the S9 series, so it probably doesn't matter at all which one you have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey at least you are just 1 generation behind, I am apparently behind the 8 ball's behind lol.

Grats on the new unit!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 06:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...It's nice to get a shiny new machine.
With no puppy chew marks!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
First night on the S9 was great. I was surprised at how much better it felt. The humidifier also surprised me. I was running the humidifier of my S8 at a setting of almost 6 to minimize dry mouth and using a tub full of water each night. I left the S9 humidifier set at 3 and woke up with no dry mouth and had quite a bit of water left in the tub. Good stuff.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh and by the way my AHI from my first night on the S9 (last night) was 0.6. The closest that it has come to that figure before was around 2.0. Do I feel better today. Not sure but I do feel good.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news, PaytonA!!
Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 02:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Oh and by the way my AHI from my first night on the S9 (last night) was 0.6. The closest that it has come to that figure before was around 2.0. Do I feel better today. Not sure but I do feel good.
Hi PaytonA,
It's great to hear that your first night went so well and that your AHI was so low, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,940 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 381 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  [Equipment] Breas Z2 Auto Setup Manual possum1 3 1,413 02-02-2023, 02:08 AM
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 461 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
  Resplus C-20A (Byond) manual, anyone? SleeplessinIndy 1 837 11-16-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Exclaimation [Admin Note] Microsoft OUTLOOK users - PLEASE READ [Clinician Manual Requests] SuperSleeper 1 575 11-09-2022, 06:01 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.