Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Set-Up First Night Tonight!
Thumbsup 
New Set-Up First Night Tonight!
So just got back from my initial appointment with the Resp Tech (DME)...

I get to trial a machine for 1 month then if tx is going well I purchase my own.

I was given:

Philips Respironics
RemStar Auto
A-Flex
System One

and the mask:

Nasal Mask
PR Wisp X1
With headgear

It fit real well in the office and trial run...headgear is nice...nasal mask sealed good or so it felt.

What are peoples opinions on this set up? Is it a good machine/mask?

The Tech set the machine to 4-6 with Ramp

I am new so I don't know a whole lot about this yet....tho she also added a modem to it so she can monitor me over the next 2 weeks before my next appointment. I can call her anytime with questions, etc.

I got the paperwork, the lists of how to sleep better, clean things, etc.
So its just waiting till tonight to start up...Im anxious, but a bit excited too. Wish me luck!

I will be looking at the Resmed Airsense10 Auto for Her when I go to purchase, do people think this is a good machine? The Tech said its top of the line....but they can say anything to make music to your ears!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Set-Up First Night Tonight!
I'm not familiar with the Philips Respironics
RemStar Auto A-Flex System One. I'm sure someone here can help you with that
machine..I use the A10 autoset and I can tell you I love it. Good luck with you treatment.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kakkles,
Good luck with the settup tonight, hang in there and someone will give you more details about the machine you are using.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

I am using the same machine and it works well for me. Good luck with your first night!
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you....how long have you used this machine and have you had any issues with it? I am just trialing it for a month and then can choose my own machine. I wanted the ResMed Airsense 10 for her....but people seem to be having issues with noise with it....maybe this machine is a better pick....its very quiet when I had it on earlier...

(07-14-2015, 08:16 PM)LexTac Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

I am using the same machine and it works well for me. Good luck with your first night!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty new at this myself. I have been using this machine about 2 weeks. It's easy to use, it's very quiet and it works for me. I have had a little trouble with leaks on the mask, but I've pretty much got that taken care of now. Good luck. Sleep-well
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I've have this machine as a loaner as I await a replacement Airsense For Her (I think it was damaged in shipping). I also have the Wisp as well as the Airfit p10. All good products although I think the Resmed algorithm works better for me.

Report any even minor problems, because we can usually help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone!! I think in the end I will buy the Resmed for her....but first see how this one works...keep me posted on how you like the Resmed for her please...any info I can get is appreciated.

(07-14-2015, 08:45 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I've have this machine as a loaner as I await a replacement Airsense For Her (I think it was damaged in shipping). I also have the Wisp as well as the Airfit p10. All good products although I think the Resmed algorithm works better for me.

Report any even minor problems, because we can usually help!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just starting out tonight like about 10 mins on machine. Pressure at 4-6 ramp. I'm laying down and have the pr wisp X1 nasal mask on.

I feel like I am suffocating a bit. Breathing out is a bit hard. I'm not used to keeping my mouth closed either.

Is this normal? It's kinda hard to breathe??Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
most people find it hard to breathe with setting at 4, and usually pick their starting pressure at 6 or higher. I did not have this difficulty.

I was intrigued that the maximum pressure was 6. Usually auto feature is used allowing higher pressures if needed. Typically the upper limit is set at 15 or above.

noise - any machine would be quiet at such low pressures. The higher the pressure, the harder the machine works, and then you hear the motor more.

a note about your machine. please share the model number. DISCONNECT humidifier, or remove water tank. Then, turn the machine over. On the bottom, the id plate can be found. It should read something like DS260P or something like that. If you have the model that has the highest data capability, this will include a 5 - such as DS560PS.

You can see a lot of things, if data is your thing, by getting free software - SleepyHead or EncoreBasic. Most of us find SleepyHead paints a more detailed picture in case we have to sort things out. (and SleepyHead is compatible with the ResMed Auto for Her, if you transition to that machine.)

Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,258 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 921 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [CPAP] Need help tonight Chavonda67 1 440 11-01-2022, 09:25 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Came home to a surprise tonight! speed3914 7 1,255 09-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: factor
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 845 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Pressure] Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? trialNerror 5 808 06-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.