Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Sleep apnea and grinding clenching
RE: New Sleep apnea and grinding clenching
(05-31-2017, 10:33 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 07:57 PM)Novello1234 Wrote: My doctor did give the prescription of the recommended pressure number and that is what they set it to.

The purpose of a titration is to determine the pressure. I don't know how your doctor determined the recommended pressure without a titration.
I don't know myself. I had sleep study and diagnosed with mild  sleep apneia and gave me prescription and second study with follow up apponment .
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started using CPAP about 1.5 years ago, the discomfort in my jaw and teeth seemed to get worse during the first few months. I think this was caused by having to get used to the CPAP nasal pillows mask against my face and also to the weight of the hose. 

I only realized while reading your post that I have not noticed any significant jaw discomfort for quite a few months now. I do still clench my jaw a little, but not enough to be a problem.

You probably know that some medications have jaw clenching and teeth grinding as a potential side effect. I take an SNRI antidepressant, and I think that's probably responsible for most of my jaw clenching. I've kind of always thought that the reason I don't have a use a chin strap with my CPAP mask may be due to my tendency to clench my jaw a little.

I think it's difficult to say whether or not your jaw clenching will improve due to using CPAP therapy. You'll probably just have to try and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2017, 03:31 PM)green wings Wrote: When I first started using CPAP about 1.5 years ago, the discomfort in my jaw and teeth seemed to get worse during the first few months. I think this was caused by having to get used to the CPAP nasal pillows mask against my face and also to the weight of the hose. 

I only realized while reading your post that I have not noticed any significant jaw discomfort for quite a few months now. I do still clench my jaw a little, but not enough to be a problem.

You probably know that some medications have jaw clenching and teeth grinding as a potential side effect. I take an SNRI antidepressant, and I think that's probably responsible for most of my jaw clenching. I've kind of always thought that the reason I don't have a use a chin strap with my CPAP mask may be due to my tendency to clench my jaw a little.

I think it's difficult to say whether or not your jaw clenching will improve due to using CPAP therapy. You'll probably just have to try and see.
Thank you for responding . I am also wondering about grinding and want to know if that improves .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 289 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 126 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 560 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.