Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New [SleepyHead issue]
New [SleepyHead issue]
Hi

I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea several months ago using a home test. (AHI 10). I am now on an APAP machine, ResMed 9, but I don't know the pressure or how to find out. I just downloaded the SleepyHead software but have no idea how to use it yet.

I'm better with the machine, but still tired after about 5 months of use. I don't mind wearing the mask, but I just want to feel good again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New
All explained in the clinical manual, available via Email
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 instruction pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
You have an S9 Autoset which is an EXCELLENT machine and will work to give full data with the Sleepyhead (or Resmed) software.

Your settings will be available to view once you have that software installed (it's VERY easy as SleepyHead either comes with an installer, some versions, OR you just unzip it, usually beta version, and run it.)

Once you have it running, put your SD Card (from the S9 Autoset) into your computer -- if you don't have an SDCard reader (most laptops do, some desktops MAY have one) you will need to buy a cheap reader, e.g., on Amazon or eBay or at WalMart.)

FYI: A LOT of SDCards are now PACKAGED with a USB adapter making it easy to read the card on virtually any half-way modern computer.

There are links available (there is a thread you use to ask) for the extra software and the manuals so you can learn more about your machine.

For instance, the SDCard is on the UPPER, REAR at the LEFT of your machine -- press and release to pop it out -- when you aren't using the machine.

Pressing the two flat buttons and holding simultaneiously SHOULD take you to the VIEW of the settings, and pressing the lower flat button and the RIGHT big knob together will take you to the "clinical settings" (don't use that unless you know how to change things OR BE CAREFUL.)

So you can use the machine itself to read the settings but using SleepyHead is probably more convenient and perhaps a tad safer until you know what the settings mean.

Once the SDCard is in your computer with SleepyHead you just tell SleepyHead to read the data (and help it find the correct drive which might be the most difficult step if you don't know your computer well).

SleepyHead will read and display both your settings and your RESULTS in great detail. (You will want to read the data from the card AT LEAST ONCE PER WEEK as after 7 days the DETAIL portion is overwritten.)

You can still get summary data after a week but SleepyHead isn't as good about "missing detail" as the actual ResMed software is.

OH and ......

WELCOME TO THE FORUM and GOOD LUCK with your therapy.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Noctuary,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sometimes it can take a while before you notice improvement but I encourage you to stick with it, it does get better.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it looks like its over before it began. I have been lurking on this site via other computers at work and library. I bought a refurbished laptop, which arrived today. However there is no slot for the data card.

I should have asked before I purchased!
Post Reply Post Reply
Read my post:

Many SDCards now come with USB adapters, OR you can buy an inexpensive adapter on eBay, Amazon, or at Wal-Mart etc.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 04:09 PM)Noctuary Wrote: Well, it looks like its over before it began. I have been lurking on this site via other computers at work and library. I bought a refurbished laptop, which arrived today. However there is no slot for the data card.

SD to USB adapters & card reader to USB (either will do) are cheap. > oops <$10 at Walmart and others.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 04:15 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 04:09 PM)Noctuary Wrote: Well, it looks like its over before it began. I have been lurking on this site via other computers at work and library. I bought a refurbished laptop, which arrived today. However there is no slot for the data card.

SD to USB adapters & card reader to USB (either will do) are cheap. >$10 at Walmart and others.

Okay. I'm heading out so I will stop by WalMart or BestBuy later.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, running the software......

Its shows data from the last 34 days.

Average hours per night: 8:41

Compliance: 93%

AHI: 0.0 (this can't be right)
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably not. But maybe. Unplug you're S9 and let it sit for a 1/2 hour or so. Then plug it back in. It used to be there was a bug that would cause the machine to not report any events until you unplugged and replugged it. I haven't seen it or heard of it lately, but could be.... Also could be you're doing that well!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 658 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 184 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.