Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Solution for lip flutters
New Solution for lip flutters
Someone in another forum mentioned that he used Listerine Breath strips torn in half and placed on moistened lips just before sleep. It creates a seal but not too strong a seal that you cannot open your mouth if you have to cough or vomit or if the electric goes off. I tried it and it really does the trick. I had a 0.0 AHI last night and a much lower leak rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Solution for lip flutters
Fighting the same Issue I'll have to try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to try this too for when I don't want to use the full face mask. I seem to remember the Listerine strips being quite strong, does it leave a burning sensation on the lips? I tried tapping but couldn't stand it.

My current solution with the nasal pillow mask is a headband, used like a chin strap. It's the kind of headband that has a fabric covered elastic on one side and gathered fabric on the other half. They were popular a few years ago. I fan out the fabric over the top of my head, like a cap, and put the elastic band on the tip of my chin. There is just enough pressure to keep my mouth shut. When I detect lip flutters, I pull the elastic up until it sits right under my lower lip, pushing it up slightly and keeping my lips shut. The wide band of fabric over the top of my head keeps it in place all night. Only downside is that it leaves marks on the side of my face. I'm thinking in the summer I'll be too hot with the headband, so this Listerine strip solution is something I'll keep in mind. Thanks so much for sharing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought of Blue Masking Tape over lips and face to stop flutter.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 246 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,086 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 922 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 12 11,432 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Thomas S
  Jolting awake with sharp inhale, a solution McPhearson99 0 567 04-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  [Treatment] BiPAP but no solution: AHI, aerophagia and zombiehood ak99 3 776 08-16-2022, 07:01 PM
Last Post: ak99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.