Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Test Results
Sad 
New Test Results
Well Guys and Gals, I am back and as confused as ever. I took my third Titration test on Dec.2 and now they have changed me back to straight CPAP at a 12 setting. Also switched to a nasal mask and lo and behold my AHI index changed from a 16.7 the first night after the test to an average of about 8.5 AHI. WOOHOO!! Not so fast. The last two nights have been a 19.3 and a 19.7. Don't know what happened but the leaks seem to be well within the acceptable range but my breathing seems to be kind of eratic. The Central Apneas have skyrocketed to over 100. Yikes!!! I thought things were really going to be better. Still trying to figure out how to send a screenshot. Pretty difficult for a computer illiterate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Test Results
Follow instructions to post screenshot. Please post the events, pressure, leak rate, and flow rate charts, and the detail to the left of charts.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=19
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I'm certainly no expert, but they started you Cpap, then Bipap, then back to Cpap. Huh

It seems to me that with all the CA's you have, that they should be putting you on an ASV machine.

BiLevel machines cannot treat CA's.

Time to find a more educated doctor???
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use ResScan also to get graphs. ResScan puts event duration flags on the event graph.
There is something amiss with sleephead reporting a median I:E ratio of 44.

Also, when creating profiles for these programs, use your screen name and protect your identity by not using what may be your real name.
Or, you can use a simple photo editing program to redact your name.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I tend to agree with Opal. The Technologist giving me the test tried to throw in the ASV on part of the test hoping that they might see it and just go on to the ASV machine. Alas, no one seemed to care and they just went back to the CPAP solution. I never have received much feedback from the Doctors about the Central Apneas. I would think I have a neurological problem except that the Centrals went way down during my test compared to when I was on BiPAP therapy. My hear trate remains normal and my Blood Pressure is still about 115/78.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Mongo, See what your talking about on Profile. OOPs!!! Just not exactly sure how to change it without losing all data under a new user name. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplest photo edit program on a windows machine is Paint. Just set the brush to black and black out the name.
Or, since it's near the top, you could crop the top part of the image.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mongo!
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you need to raise the pressure a bit to get rid of all those hypopneas. But that will make the central apnea worse. I don't know what they were thinking by putting you on straight CPAP - doesn't make any sense to me. But what do I know?

With a CAI as high as yours you are going to need an ASV. No doubt about it. You insurance company will probably make you jump through hoops to get hold of one, but it's almost definitely the only way to control your apnea.

If you haven't already done so, get hold of all your sleep test results (the full report, not just the summary) and find a new doc who has got a clue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 97 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.