Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Perception vs reality
RE: Perception vs reality
(01-29-2015, 05:29 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 05:22 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, I admit to downloading my info everyday and looking at Sleeyhead and Encore to compare the numbers. Last night was one not one of my better nights. It took me over 2 hours to finally fall asleep after fighting with masks leaks, only to wake up every couple hours. I woke up at 6:00am and felt really tired, so deceided to stay in bed another hour with mask on of course! I figured that my AHI was going to be high anyway, so slept on my back in defiance. Crazy
Well after getting up and feeling a little better, I quicky looked over my numbers on sleepyhead. AHI was .4 the lowest ever, leak rates a little higher. No RERAs, no centrals, only hypopaneas. Maybe I should sleep on my back more often...just kidding!
I assume that I will probably stop checking my numbers as much when I feel I am no longer new at this.
:grin:

OpalRose, I know this is an oldish post and you may not see this reply, but I have had one thought as I too check my numbers first thing every a.m to see how they do or do not correlate with my feeling and also to see if I can determine what worked and didn't...

That thought is, I think checking once a day, and especially after a bad night, for me at least, makes me feel less bad about the "bad" night...like, I'm gonna learn something from this sucker and it won't have been a bad night in vain. I don't necessarily even learn anything or come to any great conclusions, but it makes me feel like it has a purpose. And then I put the card back in my machine and happily go on my way.

Susan

Susan,
Agreed, it makes me feel better too. Dancing
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Perception vs reality
I don't download my data much anymore. I started out downloading it daily while I was adjusting to CPAP and getting my settings dialed in. After a while it turned into just another chore that served no purpose. Still, I like knowing that I can download it if I need to.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 153 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Wanting a reality check! MasMoudi 4 938 10-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Biennial Reality Check -- Expert Feedback Requested Please AndyB 4 1,241 07-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Perception of increased resistance during day after commencing CPAP? 3mp0w3r 5 1,498 05-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: xxyzx
  After 11 Months Need a Reality Check AndyB 6 2,036 05-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Perception of Pressure: at night vs in the morning hippipdip 15 8,854 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.