Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

New Toy
Just got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. After I got the Galaxy SIII phone, I'm in love with Android.

I have a desktop, my primary toy tool ("homebrewed" PC). And I have a laptop (17" HP) which I also love. But it weighs 7 lbs. Add in all the stuff that goes into the bag, and I was lugging a monster just to do a few simple things while at the laundrymat or waiting in the truck.

Now I can take the tablet out if I am just going to read or edit while doing something else. The laptop can go to the coffee shop or on trips.

Anyway, I am loving this thing so far. Some bumps here and there but that's expected. I've not tossed it against the wall yet! Too-funny

It was insane at BestBuy yesterday as it is NC's tax free day. Too crowded to ask them to put the screen cover on so we'll go do that tomorrow. And get a memory card. Cannot believe we forgot that!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-04-2013 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: New Toy
Paula02, I bought my wife the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. and she didn't like it so had to sell it and get her a Mac, unfortunately at work I have been converted to an iPad Mini to go with my iPhone, the graphics on the Mini are really good for games. Well done on sticking with the Samsung.
08-05-2013 12:46 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

You have now entered the realm of cool people. Coffee

Wish I were cool. Sad

Anyway, very nice toy. These days, I think tablet computers are a lot more practical than laptops. Eventually I'll probably get one too.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

08-05-2013 08:13 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

Well, add in the price of the tablet then the bluetooth keyboard, a case, a screen protector, and a memory card, a laptop would have been about the same or cheaper. However, it still all fits in my regular bag and weighs MUCH less than my laptop!

I think I am going to like the ultra portability of it.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-05-2013 03:51 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

Tez, I also seriously considered the Sony Xperia Z and the Nexus 10. But the Sony was out of my price range and they didn't have the Nexus. The Samsung guy was there to help out with the crowd and I got to talk to him. He admitted the Sony was great except for the price.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

08-05-2013 04:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Paptillian Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 10, EPR x2
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

'Grats, Paula. The wife has a Galaxy S3 phone, and she bought me the 7" Galaxy Tab 2 last Christmas. Both are nice and Samsung makes decent gear for the money. My only gripe is they sometimes take a while to release new firmware.
08-05-2013 05:19 PM
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

(08-05-2013 04:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Tez, I also seriously considered the Sony Xperia Z and the Nexus 10. But the Sony was out of my price range and they didn't have the Nexus. The Samsung guy was there to help out with the crowd and I got to talk to him. He admitted the Sony was great except for the price.

Paula, I'm lucky I work in the IT industry, writing software programs, training manuals etc so get to see a lot of the latest gadgets. Most phones and PC's have an end of life of 6 months meaning they bring out a new machine with new features every 6-12 months, this it to try to get people to up sell to a new device regulary.
08-05-2013 07:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
bwexler Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS 1 BiPAP autoSV Advanced, with Heated Tube humidifier
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Sleepweaver √Član
Humidifier: Resperonics Heated Tube humidifier
CPAP Pressure: Max pressure 25.0 cm H20, Max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: CMS 50i with Software for SpO2

I think the rule of thumb in the IT industry for at least the last 20 years is "If you can buy it, it is obsolete".
When I attend the Consumer Electronic show in Vegas, the standard comment is this item will be available next quarter (5 tp 6 months from now). There is another show by then showing the next generation.
I think the Best Buy commercial had it right when the sign on the side of the delivery truck was touting the the next gen item.

Paula, I'm lucky I work in the IT industry, writing software programs, training manuals etc so get to see a lot of the latest gadgets. Most phones and PC's have an end of life of 6 months meaning they bring out a new machine with new features every 6-12 months, this it to try to get people to up sell to a new device regulary.
[/quote]
10-06-2013 11:33 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

(08-04-2013 09:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Just got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. After I got the Galaxy SIII phone, I'm in love with Android.

I have a desktop, my primary toy tool ("homebrewed" PC). And I have a laptop (17" HP) which I also love. But it weighs 7 lbs. Add in all the stuff that goes into the bag, and I was lugging a monster just to do a few simple things while at the laundrymat or waiting in the truck.

Now I can take the tablet out if I am just going to read or edit while doing something else. The laptop can go to the coffee shop or on trips.

Anyway, I am loving this thing so far. Some bumps here and there but that's expected. I've not tossed it against the wall yet! Too-funny

It was insane at BestBuy yesterday as it is NC's tax free day. Too crowded to ask them to put the screen cover on so we'll go do that tomorrow. And get a memory card. Cannot believe we forgot that!

I have an LG that I got in June and I love it. I can check my email, read any posts on this forum and others if I choose to. it is small and lightweight which is a huge plus. I can text and talk on the phone too. Sure is nice b/c it gives me something to do when I am waiting for an appointment, etc. I bought a case to put my phone in to protect it if it gets dropped or bumped and from moisture and when I did, I was given a free SD card. I also bought a screen cover on mine as well (they are expensive for 2). You are smart to do that.

Glad you are enjoying yours.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 11:56 AM by me50.)
10-06-2013 11:51 AM

Donate to Apnea Board