Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Toy Day
New Toy Day
I bought an inexpensive digital manometer.

One reason I justified the purchase was last week I bought a used Resmed AirSense10 Auto and I wasn't completely certain it was functioning properly as it seems to deliver therapy quite differently than my DreamStation 2 comparing data in OSCAR and the mask check on the AS10 was almost impossible to get a good fit, where the DS2 had no problem. I'm confident now that the AS10 is delivering the correct pressure and I think I've likely got some tweaking of the settings to figure out (probably be posting some OSCAR screenshots in another thread).

I also can use the manometer to check the draft on my pellet stove and oil furnace Grin .

The digital manometer is a 'RISEPRO Digital Air Pressure Meter and Differential Pressure Gauge' (about $43US with tax from Amazon). I had to cobble up an adapter to connect to the CPAP hose end and it's not pretty, but it works and didn't leak. The meter seems accurate and the read on the DS2 when delivering minimum pressure compared well on the meter. The AS10 kinda threw a curve that the static delivered pressure when EPR is ON is several points lower by the 1,2, or 3 setting, than the display pressure. I didn't know this and I had initially thought the calibration was off. Disabling the EPR got the AS10 and the meter to match up.

I now know why the AS10 mask check was giving blowouts on my mask (full face) as its pressure is higher than the DS2. (I'm also hitting close to max pressure and getting blowouts occasionally during sleep on the couple times I used the AS10, but again that's for another thread).

Chart below gives a few numbers I checked on the AS10. The 'Set' number is what was displayed on the AS10 once the it was up to pressure and what the meter read.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Toy Day
If the result of the measuring device showed that the device was giving and incorrect pressure, what could have you done to correct the device?

Is there some software or menu in the machine that a normal user can use to recalibrate the device, or just have the knowledge that de machine is wrong and send it to a service center.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing this setting requires a tightly controlled software app that is only available to approved Resmed service centers. The best you can do is note the difference between the manometer and the CPAP and add or subtract it to your pressure setting.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
About that ugly connection...

FYI:

Some ResMed ClimateLine hoses are available with an O2 injection port that can double as a pressure take off point as well as some masks like the ResMed Mirage Activa LT which has two O2 ports on the bottom of the mask.

Alternatively, you can use an O2 bleed adapter -- $5 for 2 units on Amazon under "Oxygen Enrichment Adapter"

All take standard O2 tubing.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.