Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User
New User
Hello everyone. Last night was my first night using the AirSense 10 Auto machine and full face mask. I registered online at myAir and found that I had a score of 98. I was pretty happy about that. Total events were 2.1. Great considering my sleep study showed 54 events per hour.

My question is this....do you all buy your machine, masks and supplies from the facility that you took your test or is there a more reasonably priced place? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User
First, welcome to the forum..

Second, sorry you're afflicted with this condition..

If you look at the top of this page, under the

Apnea Board
sleep apnea patients helping one another
http://www.apneaboard.com

you'll find a link to a "suppliler list"

You might consider nosing around in there to see what you can find that might fit your needs...
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2016, 11:57 AM)Sukses2014 Wrote: My question is this....do you all buy your machine, masks and supplies from the facility that you took your test or is there a more reasonably priced place? Thanks.

It depends upon ones insurance. I did so back in 2009. In 2013, I used my script and bought my S9 out-of-pocket from Supplier #2.

Up until June 30, 2016, I got supplies from my local DME using US Medicare as insurance. Medicare just culled down the number of providers by their Competitive Bid Program. At present, I do not have a supplier.

I have a new copy of my Rx; I suppose I'll buy out-of-pocket from one of the online suppliers.

Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The contract with the manufacturer will not let them advertise anything but the list price, so if your supplier is in line with the above links, well then it is what it is. Insurance will usually have an independent DME that you can also go to. If you have insurance it is sometimes best to go with the in network because then you are renting the machine and if you need to change to a higher level machine you just return the rental and get the next one. I doubt this will be an issue with you as you are getting such great results right from the start.

Congrats and give it some time just to make sure you stay at this level.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sukses2014,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, hang around for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,159 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.