Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User -- 1 night in so far
RE: New User -- 1 night in so far
It is also something you and your body has to get used to. Just like the mask, the humidifier is a very personal thing. Too much humidity can be almost as bad as too little.

Let each setting change you make on the humidifier go for at least two nights before making the next change. It might be handy to keep a journal of what changes did what so you remember what was the best.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='SPOUSE' pid='27650' dateline='1358625654']
That is fantastic progress for one night. Sounds as if you have the heated Climateline hose? If so, make sure your humidifier is filled to the max line tonite and then set it to a higher temp and/or higher humidity and see if that helps the dry mouth.

Also, you may be breathing through your mouth? But with such a low number I doubt it.

Excellent start! Keep us posted.

Thanks

night 2 just as good as first night, full 9 hours sleep and a whole 4 hours again without waking. more energy and less hunger pangs continue

woke still with a dry mouth this morning, not as bad as night 1 - i upped the temperature by 1 degree, i will leave it tonight and see what happens.

AHI reading on machine today was 1.9, i am guessing thats over the 2 nights? leakage is still 0L/hour

i hope it keeps this good, now all i need is my driving license back

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2013, 08:33 AM)crazychef Wrote: [quote='SPOUSE' pid='27650' dateline='1358625654']
That is fantastic progress for one night. Sounds as if you have the heated Climateline hose? If so, make sure your humidifier is filled to the max line tonite and then set it to a higher temp and/or higher humidity and see if that helps the dry mouth.

Also, you may be breathing through your mouth? But with such a low number I doubt it.

Excellent start! Keep us posted.

Thanks

night 2 just as good as first night, full 9 hours sleep and a whole 4 hours again without waking. more energy and less hunger pangs continue

woke still with a dry mouth this morning, not as bad as night 1 - i upped the temperature by 1 degree, i will leave it tonight and see what happens.

AHI reading on machine today was 1.9, i am guessing thats over the 2 nights? leakage is still 0L/hour

i hope it keeps this good, now all i need is my driving license back

Sleep-well

Remarkably good! The data is shown for each night and for the total period of use of the machine so that could either be the average or the data for the second night alone. Either way it's great. Try a little higher temp and humidity until your mouth feels better!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You're off to a good start. The Biotene line of dental products may help with the dry mouth. I would use the toothpaste, mouthwash, and gel together for the best results. I am not employed or do I receive compensation from Biotene.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day all!
First post Wave

For what it's worth my sleep tech gave me a chin restraint to keep my mouth shut, but also suggested taping it shut too. Not using duct tape as I queried, but a type of hospital tape called "Micropore" the same papery type of tape they use to hold down the wires during your sleep study, and stick those tiny bits of cotton wool on your arm after a blood test. Expensive stuff ($14 /roll in Oz), but sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.

Just my 2c worth...
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not advocate using tape. It is my opinion, for what it is worth, that it is a very dangerous practice. I am shocked an actual professional suggested this.

In the vast majority of cases, it is not the lips that is the problem, it is the jaw. To put enough tape to keep the jaw from opening would be dangerous. A chin strap allows the user to still open their mouth if needed. Tape would not.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2013, 08:20 AM)jeno Wrote: Expensive stuff ($14 /roll in Oz), but sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.

Hi Jeno! Welcome

Wow that's really pricey down-under!

Maybe it's the shipping, since 3M is in the US it's much cheaper here.

Give a shout if you have any questions.

Cheers! Grin

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(01-22-2013, 04:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I do not advocate using tape. It is my opinion, for what it is worth, that it is a very dangerous practice. I am shocked an actual professional suggested this.

The tape is only to hold your mouth closed when you relax. If you really need to open your mouth, the tape allows that as it's not super strong. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Crazy Chef

I have been using a full face mask lately and still use a chin strap
It is not necessary for treatment but it holds .y mouth shut eliminating dry mouth. It also keeps things more stable and I get less leaks. This may not work for you but it is something else to try.
Genes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 349 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New user - overall good results but last night rough djpax13 3 580 08-01-2022, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question New CPAP user. Apparently I take off my mask at night, no memory of this. liquilife 1 633 07-27-2022, 06:42 PM
Last Post: hh9797
  [CPAP] Brand new CPAP user, seeing results after 1st night GoddessScully 7 837 07-26-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.